Hostel Toruma
Hotel Aranjuez(San Jose)(Great Value!)
$49
Hotel Kaps Place(San Jose)(Great Value!)
$48
Priceline
$59
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Posada Del Museo(San Jose)(Great Value!)
$68
$63
Hotel Castillo(San Jose)
$65
$96
Hotel Dunn Inn(San Jose)(Great Value!)
$61
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 14, 2011

To start things off, they didn't pick us up from the airport like we agreed upon! We called twice and they finally send somebody an hour later. Then gave us a room in the lobby, which didn't seem bad at first. A few hours later the lobby turned into a party. It was like we were sleeping in the lobby with a whole fraternity. When we told the staff, they simply stared at us and told us there was nothing to do. It got quieter after ten, but the walls are so thin and most of the rooms let out into the lobby, that you could hear everything!

The room itself was very simple. The sheets wouldn't stay on the bed, the towel were full of holes and they didn't have a fan. There was hot water, which was one of the few things good about this place.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank ndash213
Reviewed March 30, 2011

Like the traveller who wrote the review in 2008 we also had a sleepless night. It is SO noisy in this hostel, you don't get the sleep that you expect of a hostel charging these prices. When we complainted at the front-desk the manager told me that it wasn't the hostels fault that the room was full of trafficsounds. As if I could do anything about it....I booked a room because I wanted to sleep, and unfortunatelt I didn't.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marian034
Reviewed November 20, 2009

my friend and I stayed here, and although its located in a better part of town, the pictures on internet were nothing like the place. we were charged $30 a night for a private that should have been only $15 for the night. There was sooo much noise all night from cars and a newly added train, there was not much sleeping. the showers didn't work, dribbling water or no hot water. There were no extra perks of staying here. I would not pay this much money to stay here again. I would keep walking.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 24, 2008

This was the first place we stayed on our trip to Costa Rica. The airport pick up went okay. A guy was waiting there holding a sign and then he flagged down the appropriate van.

The guys at the front desk were nice as well. The hostel was pretty empty since it was the off season. Upon entering the room, I immediately noticed an issue. There was no fan whatsoever and the window faced a fairly busy street. Also, we had to use a different shower then the one which was nearest our room (shared bath) since the hot water wasnt working there.

Had a terrible night of sleep even with the window closed and wearing ear plugs because of the constant din of cars. Then come six a.m the honking started and it was extruciatingly annoying.

The thing that probably annoyed me more than anything was this. The night before we asked about taking a taxi to the bus station which heads for La Fortuna. First, they told us we had to go flag down a taxi ourselves the next morning. But, one of the front desk men offered to call his brother in law, who was a cabbie to pick us up at 730 the next morning. This sounded a lot more legitimate. They also told us the next morning that the taxi should cost no more than 4 or 5 dollars, TOPS. Well, when the cabbie arrives, he already has about 800 colognes rung up on his meter. It seemed like he took the most round about root to get to the bus station and our fare was nearly 10 dollars! This from somebody who was in someway affiliated with the hotel. That was highly unappreciated. This hostel MIGHT be okay if you get a room not facing the street, but i cant stand a place that doesnt even have a fan.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Jon B
Reviewed June 29, 2006

The place looked clean and spacious as far as hostels go, HOWEVER, I made a reservation 2 days in advance but when I arrived was told they were overbooked. This did not make me happy. They did provide free transportation to their sister hostel, Hostel Pangea.

• Stayed: June 2006