“Amazing times”
Review of Togean Adventures

Togean Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Togeanadventures Dive Bar, boat trips, snorkelling in Kogutu Togean Islands,Central Sulawesi, Indonesia is a small operation that aims to serve for snorkel and dive trips around the Togean Archipelago in Central Sulawesi Indonesia. We are organizing snorkel and dive trips from Ampana, Bomba, Wakai, Kadidiri, Tobil, Katupat, Bolilanga, Una Una and Malenge. Our equipment is highly maintained and we use brand new scuba tanks. We also cater for Resort bookings and transfer from and to Ampana Tanjung Api Airport. Our staff is very experienced in scuba activities, marine navigation around Togean Islands and online communication skills. We hope to see you here and wish you a pleasant trip.
Reviewed April 28, 2018

My friend and I stayed at Poya Lisa a few days where we met Michael and his lovely wife Abel. Michael took us to several dive sites, he showed us the most beautiful underwater world and took care of us very well. He also met our individual requests of our trip and gave us a lift with his boat to our next destination in the togeas where we continued diving.
Overall I highly recommend Togean Adventures and wish Abel and Michael all the best for their future.

Date of experience: November 2017
Togean A, Manager at Togean Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2018

Thank you very much Flurina, our pleasure to have you two around here.

All reviews
in 9 reviews
"atoll"
"expirience"

Reviewed March 25, 2018

I visited Sulawesi for a couple of months last year and am planning another trip to the province (which jogged my memory to leave Michael a review).

It had been a couple of years since my last dive, in strong currents, in Nusa Penida, which had been challenging as I only had about 25 dives under my belt at that time.

When I met Michael, I knew that it was the right time to get in the water again. He gave me and another diver an excellent, free, little refresher course in the lagoon right off the beach, and then the next day we went out to the atoll with perfect viability, healthy corals, and virtually zero current. It was the perfect way to refresh my skills and really couldn't have been any better. Michael's boat is small meaning that you don't have to worry about 1000 people jostling around, getting seasick, and stuff like that. He is truly passionate about the place and about giving divers a great experience, in a small group setting, leading to higher safety. On top of that, he is quite an interesting fellow - definitely the first dive master I've met that has been highly conversant in topics as diverse as economics and monetary policy.

Aside from Michael and his partner /assistant, which were excellent, the Togeans were a truly special place in terms of the type of travelers that go there - not the instagram crowd but real travelers- being there felt like what traveling in the 1990s must have been like. Truly a special place.

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed December 27, 2017 via mobile

Nice local boat as a diveboat and knowledgeable instructor, originally german but already at the togians for a long time, very enthousiastic about marine life, especially coral, sponges etc.

Date of experience: December 2017
Togean A, Manager at Togean Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2017

Hello Gerbrich, it was a special trip. Thank you both for joining
All the best from Togeanadventures

Reviewed December 25, 2017 via mobile

I stayed at PoyaLisa resort in Bomba and met Michael from Togeanadventures there. I ended up doing few dives with him and it was just excellent expirience. He share a lot of information before and after the dive and show a lot of interesting things while diving. His knowledge about marine life but also local culture is amazing! Everything was organized perfectly and very flexible way. We could decide when we wanted to go and how many dives we wanted to do. He is very safety oriented and also take the local conditions into account so if the dive site did not seem to be safe to dive due to currents etc. we change the plan. Very good expirience!! I can highly recommend!

Date of experience: November 2017
Togean A, Manager at Togean Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2017

Hi Satu A,
it was our pleasure to have you on the dive boat! We hope to see you again. Thank you very much! Greetings from all the team of Poya Lisa Bomba and Togeanadventures.com

See more reviews
Reviewed December 14, 2017

I went for a dive with Michael in the gorgeous Togeans after not diving for several years following a bit of a traumatic dive experience. I told myself I would only dive on my trip in Sulawesi in case I would find a person that seemed trustworthy and confident. When I met Michael I explained to him that I really wanted to go diving but that I also was very nervous about it. While some other dive instructors or masters reacted in a joking or denying way, Michael listened to me and gave me the feeling I could really trust him to take good care of me under water. This feeling was more than justified! We went to a gorgeous atoll and on his boat he gave a detailed explanation of everything that would happen and how the different stages of the dive would look like. I have never felt better under water! He checked regularly if everything was ok and pointed out interesting stuff all around us, also using his note board to tell me the names of the fish, nudis, weeds, sponges, shrimps, etc. Additionally, all the dive gear was in impeccable state. It was a wonderful experience and I would not doubt a second to dive again with this experienced and knowledgeable dive instructor!

Date of experience: October 2017
Togean A, Manager at Togean Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2017

Thank you Naomi! It was a great pleasure to have you around and we look forward of seeing you again!

Been to Togean Adventures? Share your experiences!