All reviews private island dinner on the beach robinson crusoe experience cannot recommend highly enough whole team absolute highlight indonesian cooking quiet island hermit crabs table tennis to celebrate my husband's birthday desert island amazing weekend rooms are huge perfect holiday every evening paddle boarding
Selected filters
Reviewed February 26, 2015

Joyo is a beautiful island where our hosts had thought of everything. A fantastic place to share with friends and family. A very easy place to relax or be active. I am a bit nervous to recommend too highly as am worried we will never be able to book it again!

Date of stay: February 2015
1  Thank Lexy100
PangkilJoyo, Manager at Pulau Joyo, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2015

Dear Lexy100,

Thanks for your very kind review and recommendation. It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay so much and we hopefully look forward to welcoming you back some day.

Reviewed January 10, 2015 via mobile

Amazing place, stunning view and beach. Water sports available (paddle, sail, kayaking, snorkeling, etc).
Staff very kind, prepared and always willing to serve us.
Good massage available all day long (paid). Very tasty food with many options. Rooms were beautifully decorated and very well organized for us.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank 270christianez

Dear Christiane Z,

Thanks for your very kind review and recommendation, we look forward to welcome you back to Joyo again.

Regards,

Reviewed January 5, 2015

I spent four nights over Christmas this year with my husband and daughter and we had an amazing Christmas on the Island. Everything was fabulous. The staff from my first e-mail to when we stepped aboard the boat to leave were so professional and friendly it made the whole trip so much easier to organise and once we got there we were so well looked after and nothing was ever a problem. It's a long time since I have been so well looked after and I travel a lot. The accommodation on the Island is unique and is immaculate as is the pool which my daughter had to herself for most of our stay. The food served is delicious and very varied. The ultimate luxury, I would not hesitate to go if you get the chance.

1  Thank Cherie F

Dear Cherie F,

We are so humbled by your generous comment. Great to hear you enjoyed the every bit of Joyo and your comments on the service and quality of the food are particularly pleasing to read. We look forward to welcoming you back again someday.

Best Regards,

Reviewed January 5, 2015

Just the experience of being on your own private island was amazing! The service staff were just so friendly and attentive to detail. They were always available whilst being discreet and giving you the right amount of privacy. The food was very good and having dinner on the beach was a real highlight! The fireworks were very special!

Overall this is the perfect place to rent out with friends for an amazing weekend of relaxing by a beautiful pool. It is great how close to Singapore the Island is yet it is just so secluded. Although the transfer does involve a ferry, car and boat the staff make it seamless and guide you through immigration to reduce waiting times as much as possible. The massages are also amazing - although do let the staff know in advance as the therapists need to be bought to the Island.

The accommodation was very beautiful, with spacious rooms and great views. Although all huts are stunning I would recommend the Java huts - these are the most secluded and have an amazing verandah that faces out onto the beach - perfect for private sunset drinks or massages!

I do not recommend Joyo for people wanting to go snorkeling or diving. Although ok to swim in we did see a very large jellyfish with long tentacles when we were snorkeling - staff did assure us this only happened a couple of days a year and not to worry. I guess we were just unlucky. We did have a very fun Kayak to the neighbouring Island and there are stand-up paddle boards and small sail boats - so no shortage of water activities!

We loved Joyo and would highly recommend it!

Room tip: The accommodation was very beautiful, with spacious rooms and great views. Although all huts are stunning I would recommend the Java huts - these are the most secluded and have an amazing verandah that faces out onto the beach - perfect for a private sunset drinks or massages!
Date of stay: October 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
PangkilJoyo, Manager at Pulau Joyo, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2015

Dear AnnaKokosinska,

Thank you for your very detailed review about us. it is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much with us and its particularly thrilling to read your comments on the service quality as well as the food. it is true that only in a particular time during a year that we will have a bloom of jelly fish and it will not last more than 2 days, please be assured that our staff will notify you early in the morning if this happened (We do regular checking every morning). we hope to welcome you and your friends again some day. once again, thanks for taking the time to write this generous review for us.

Regards,

Reviewed January 2, 2015

My family and I stayed at Joyo for 6 nights during Christmas and had the most amazing time!
Everything about the Joyo - the location, accommodation, beauty, activities, food, service, lovely staff- absolutely exceeded our expectations.

The island is completely remote - 2 hr ferry from Singapore, 1 hr drive through the jungles of Bintan and 30min speedboat trip later, the paradise at the end is well worth the adventure journey.

I want to thank Anton and all the staff at Joyo for their wonderful hospitality and for always going over and beyond to ensure we were comfortable and relaxed.

I cannot recommend Joyo enough!!

We will surely be back! Hopefully sooner rather than later!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Jihee Y

Dear Jihee Y,

Thank you for your very detailed review. it is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed everything in Joyo so much during your stay with your family. We are humbled by your generous comments and hope to welcome you back soon.

Best Regards,