All reviews eagle rays remote island fish hot shower rice mosquito net diving experience deluxe room togean islands remote location big thanks special thanks stayed days two months open water course big family other guests
Reviewed July 26, 2015 via mobile

We visited Sanctum straight from ampana. It's reachable from Wakai with a private boat for 3 hours but it's worth it. We first had to stay at the homestay because all rooms were occupied (we didn't reservate) but that was very nice, we had a room at the beach and 3 good meals everyday. Later we moved to Sanctum itself. We had a nice bungalow at the beach which was lovely and very clean. Here we did our Open Water course. Our diving instructor (Lydia van Vlijmen) was nice and made us feel safe. The diving sites are very beautiful, the coral is in very good condition.

We had a nice time here and Emmi and Andi (owners) are very nice people who make you feel at home.

Date of stay: July 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2015

I spent a memorable week at Sanctum. I was planning to go to another Island, but I changed my plans after meeting enthousiastic dive master Barbara on the ferry. And I wouldn't want to have missed this.
I was welcomed by lovely hosts Emmi and Andri and a great group of guests.
Una Una is a great place to relax but also has fantastic dive spots, some of them at swimming distance. Amongst my favourites: the school of Barracuda's at Apollo and Jam, the night dive at Pinacel, and the impressive coral of Kingston Wall. And I high-fived a turtle. Special thanks to the skilled and friendly dive instructor/masters Lydia, Barbara, Robin and Oscar.
The brand new bungalows are nicely decorated, I had one with sea view, enabling me to watch a full moon rise from my porch!
Food was great with daily cakes as dessert. Best cakes around the equator for sure.
Will go back someday...
Stefan

Date of stay: July 2015
Reviewed July 7, 2015

I have stayed there for 3 weeks and it was all amazing! Diving is sublime with a diversity of slopes, walls, reefs, muck diving and pinnacles. Bioluminescence at the night dives is great and there is also big stuff around, a divers dream! The hotel is an eco friendly resort with 2 type of rooms, nice and clean. The atmosphere is great because the staff makes you feel at home and is always there to make your stay pleasant. Start making your plans to come to Sanctum Una Una and see and enjoy yourself!!!

Date of stay: June 2015
2  Thank Vlijmpje
Reviewed July 4, 2015

I was on the ferry to Wakai, planning to go to another dive resort. A local dude told me about Sanctum. "New place, great owners, untouched corals etc etc". So i changed my plans at the last minute and am SO glad that i did.

The diving itself is some of the best I have ever done. Amazing corals, great sea life (turtles, barracuda towers, stingrays etc). Emmi and the rest of the team there are so friendly and welcoming.
The rooms were almost finished when i left there in Mid April, and judging by the photos on their website, they look amazing.

I was only there 3 days. Plan to go longer! Thanks again guys, hope you're all good.

Date of stay: April 2015
Reviewed June 20, 2015 via mobile

I stayed just four days there, and since the beggining Emmi and Andri made me feel at home. The place is just beauuuuuutiful, very nice rooms, very tasty food ( with baked bread!!) , and incredible views. The diving there is amazing, every dive I did was spectacular, breathtaking, huge and colourful coral, full of fish... I am already planning my next trip there!
Thanks Emmi, Andri, Mira and Oskari!!
Antonio, the spanish ;)