All reviews eagle rays remote island fish hot shower rice mosquito net diving experience marine life deluxe room feel at home togean islands remote location big thanks special thanks stayed days amazing things two months
Reviewed May 19, 2015 via mobile

This is my fave diving resort so far!! The staffs are very friendly and genuine. I enjoyed their hospitality. It was quite surprising that I was the first Indonesian customer they had!! I stayed in panorama room, it was quite roomy and comfortable but there were a lot of bugs (including big spiders too). Yet, I see it as part of my adventure. Una una is the best dive place in Togian, the corals are amazing and the fishes are millions!! However, the transportation can be big challenge especially when the main boat goes to dock. You should check the boat schedule regularly.

Date of stay: May 2015
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed May 19, 2015

I spent the last month of a year long trip on Una Una, and it was a very difficult place to leave behind! I'd only planned on staying for 7-10 days (as I'd already done for 2 other Togian resorts), but having arrived and seen what the place had to offer I was more than happy to stay where I was.
Sanctum was only the process of being made while I was there (though was already looking great), so I stayed 10 minutes (beautiful) walk away in Nino and Tante's Homestay. They were the loveliest hosts you could hope for, doing their best to make you feel at home and cooking some great food. Alongside Emmi and Andri, Julia, Oskar and Mira they helped make the atmosphere very friendly and comfortable to be around!
And then there was the diviing! Wow!!! I'd never dived before visiting the Togians, and while the other results were still pretty stunning (and well worth seeing too- I don't want to put you off other resorts as they were great to me), this place blew my mind! I'd snorkel every day, and each trip out would turn up something new and beautiful! The shoal of Barracuda, Turtles, Sharks, Stingrays, Eagle Rays, Bumpheads, Pufferfish, big untouched Corals and so many brightly coloured fish! (and so many big ones too!) I loved checking out the fish books in the evenings to find out what it was I'd seen that day. Emmi and Andi were both great instuctors for my first 4 dives ever, and the only problem I've got now is that I've been spoilt and any future dives are going to have trouble living up to quite how beautiful it was being down there!
I met many amazing people during my stay on Una Una, and my friends are going to have to put up with me going on about it for a long time to come! I'd be crazy not to hope to go back there some day, and I wish Emmi, Andri and the crew all success until I manage to do so! Thanks for the memories!! : )

Date of stay: April 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed April 26, 2015

It is a wonderful place on the tropical Volcano island! Emmi and Andri made a very comfortable , beautiful and stylish resort with a perfectly equipped Dive Centre. The food was Great! Atmosphere is friendly and relaxing and we also had such a fun every day! Emmi, the MSDT, explored so many wonderful dive sights. You will see there more fish than during all your previous life!!!! The bay in front of Sanctum resort is unbelievable! I called it Monster's bay, because you can meet there 24 Really Huge Bumpheads, Giant Barracudas and Tunas, 3 sharks, turtles, Giant Groupes, Sweetlips. I never saw fish of that sizes- may be the influence of the volcanic ash? They plan to open Volcanic beauty salon soon in the resort!!!!! So, only great- great memories, emotions, photos after living 1 month!!!!!! in Sanctum!!!!! ( they suspected that I never leave it because I postponed my departure from there 5 times, ha- ha!) Thank you so much Emmi and Andri!!!!' The best couple of owners!!!!, the best couple of diving Gurus!!!!!!!!Thank you my dear friends, Julia, Oscar and Mirra!!!!! Guys, you were so great!!!!! You will be always in my heart!!!!!!l
Irina Kuvinova, Moscow, Russia

Room tip: There are larger size sea front bungalows with their own bathrooms and bungalows with the common bathrooms which are also very nice!
Date of stay: March 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Ири К
Reviewed March 28, 2015

Una Una Sanctum is the best place for diving in the togians. When I was there the resort sanctum was still under construction and I stayed at the Homestay of Nino. Nino and his family were very friendly and welcoming, the food was amazing, fresh fish every day! The accommodation is basic but its all you need and for 12 euro, sublime price quality ratio!

The diving was very good as well, brand new gear and Emi, a Finnish dive instructor was very relaxed to dive with. There are many spots just of the resort and soooo much fish and corals. Non of the corals are broken like you see around the other islands in the togians.

Una una is a special place and if you have the opportunity go there!

Date of stay: February 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank MichielFG88
Reviewed March 25, 2015

We had a wonderfull time at sanctum una una with Emmi and Andri. The diving was extraordinary, the beaches were like my dream of Indonesia and we also visited the vulcano and gula mera. And I saw dolphins! I will never forget this time and of course I will love to go there again. Don't miss this lovely spot and these super-nice people!

Date of stay: January 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank tapecake