Book In Advance

Ways to Experience Mekong River
from $65.00
More Info
All reviews luang prabang slow boat pak beng two days pak ou caves boat trip public boat houay xai great trip fruit overnight stay friendship bridge through immigration whole experience golden triangle noodles beautiful scenery
Reviewed November 9, 2015

I loved my 2 day boat trip along the Mekong River from Huay Xai to Luang Prabang. We stopped overnight in Pakbeng half through the journey.

The scenery that you can see on the boat ride is phenomenal. I went on this journey at the end of October and the countrysiden and jungle was so lush and green and appeared to be completely unspoiled.

Don't expect to see any birds or animals though, they have all been hunted and killed. I only saw water buffalo and a few goats roaming about and a handful of birds throughout the 2 day trip.

I would recommend everybody to take this trip down the Mekong, it's spectacular!

Reviewed October 21, 2015

Don't be stressed...relax and enjoy the long boat trip on the river...take some food, a camera and relax...once in life you discover slowliness...and we all enjoyed it, parents and son of 7year old (for kids...take some nice games book!)

Date of experience: July 2015
2  Thank Fratarta74
Reviewed October 18, 2015

Yesterday we did a tour of the Mequon Delta I just couldn't believe how hot it was so make sure not to many clothes, A hat is a must insect repellent and old shoes lush vegetation local music and singing good fresh food The boat was very easy get getting off and on ,we went to a carpentry village where we bought some nice souvenirs overall I would say it was quite a good trip

1  Thank richar1aucklandnz
Reviewed October 9, 2015

This is a review for Nagi company for the slow boat tour from Chaing Khong to Luang Prabang. It takes two days and one night stop over at Pakbeng.
If you are thinking of taking a slow boat to LP from Chiang Khong, the Nagi would be your best choice and best value for money. I paid £100 for the trip and it was only 8 altogether on the boat. It's a no brainer. If you take the public boat with 60 other passengers you will not be picked up from your hotel in Chiang Khong to get to the pier, you will not be helped with the visa and transfer , you will not have BF/ lunch on board, you will not stop at the caves with 2500 Buddhas and you will not have accommodation in Pakbeng. And you will be stuck on an uncomfortable boat squeezed with others!! So although the public boat is cheaper, you will end up spending money on the extras and reach LP knackered!! Unless that's your cup of tea, taking Nagi is highly recommended. Their price is the best amongst the "premium" offers for this tour. They are very prompt in replying to your mails with all your queries, the guide is brilliant, the food on board delicious freshly prepared on the boat and the ride is absolutely amazing!! We got to LP relaxed and had a cracking time on the boat!!

9  Thank MickeyJ711
Reviewed October 3, 2015

When I walked around the jetty on Mekong River in the evening, a man suggested me to join the Mekong River Tour for the next day. His first proposal price was 300,000Kip but it declined to 100,000Kip. On the next day, he picked me up at the same place, went around the town to pick up the other participants and arrived at the jetty at last. There were many tourists of the other tours. They rode on the boat in order at first but it confused later. The destinations were the village where liquor is made in and the cave. Both places were not so interesting but the cruising was so so.

Date of experience: March 2015