Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
2,288 results
All reviews amusement park vin pearl peppers restaurant phu quoc ngoc mai seafood buffet restaurant huge pool safari park coral wing tui rep cable car flip flops beach bar free shuttle all inclusive package special thanks
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We have just returned from a two week holiday at Vinpearl Resort and Spa Phu Quoc where the weather was beautiful except for two mornings when we had rain. The rain didn’t last long and the sun was shining in no time. We had an enjoyable holiday and the food at the resort was enjoyable. Nice to try different Vietnamese dishes. They seemed to cater for all tastes. The service was good in the bar and restaurants. We had particularly good service from a young lady in the Seashell restaurant. She was very professional at her job, and polite and friendly. Always making sure we had plenty of water. Unfortunately we don’t know her name as her name badge just had Casual printed on it. But she deserves a big thank you from us. The room was large and comfortable. Nice walk in shower. The hotel pool is huge, and kept very clean. An area for kids in the pool but the rest is all one depth. There are plenty of inflatable rings for people to float around the pool in. Also there are lots of Life Guards on duty when the pool is open. The beach beautiful and kept clean, also there Life Guards stationed at intervals down through the length of the beach. They have a problem with beach erosion in places. In those areas you have to be careful where you walk as there are some sharp rocks exposed at certain tides. Walking the beach fro the hotel turning right at the beach you can walk past another large hotel, a Presidential Villa then lots of beach villas with pools. The complex is massive. They have a safari park, water park and theme park within the massive complex along with restaurants and shops. All of which you can get free shuttles to if you don’t want to walk. In all we had a relaxing holiday. Not many of the staff spoke good English, but it is a new resort.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
7  Thank Fivexsteve
Management_Team_VPQ1, Người quản lý at Vinpearl Resort & Spa Phu Quoc, responded to this reviewResponded 2 days ago

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for your recent correspondence regarding Vinpearl Resort & Spa Phu Quoc. We appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of your experience during your recent stay.

We are always pleased to receive praise and acknowledgment of such a positive nature. It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts and takes the time to say thank you. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff, as reinforcement to continue their efforts.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Before I left for this holiday I was really worried as I saw all the negative reviews on this hotel. Well there really was nothing to worry about and it was a great hotel. Far out, yes, but a free shuttle bus ran into the local town twice a day if you wanted to go that much. There were 4 of us and we all thought this place was a wonderful rest and so beautiful after the hectic 4 days we had spent in Saigon beforehand (worth it though!). Yes the food is predominantly Asian but you are in Vietnam! There was always something I could eat. The drinks in AI are all premium quality too. Agreed there was no entertainment in the evening, but it isn't something I look for anyways and we make our own fun. Holiday entertainment is never the best anyways. I would not hesitate to go back and if you want to ask any questions then get in touch!

9  Thank Debbie S

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We travel a lot and visited quite a lot countries, so I can compare.
There is nothing memorable in this place: ordinary hotel, swimming pool, beach with gravel near water, sea without waves (I was disappointed), quite poor menu especialy friut.
Safari park... quite nice place, good birds show, possibility to feed giraffes and elephants, but birds house was closed for visitors and some animals were absent despite the Safari map.
Vinpearl land. Mach more worse than the same place in Vinpearl Nha Trang. maybe it will be better due to lots of construction site now.
The most remarkable was training yoga with Ajay Yoganand. I didn't like yoga before, so only my 9old years son visited it, and he told me he really love this trainings and the trainer, and when I saw his incredible exercises the trainer did alone in gym, I also decided to join. I was really impressed with Ajay's yoga lessons and now I'm seeking yoga trainings in my country.

1  Thank X4029HY_

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We booked this hotel directly with Tui as it worked out best to have a package rather than book the flights only & then book another hotel directly.

On the transfer at around 08:00 we were told that we were unable to check in until 14:00 but that the hotel would do their best to be ready ASAP. I was not impressed. Had I known this I would have booked a room for the night before so I didn’t have to hang around the hotel feeling like you do after travelling for hours in the same clothes I’d flown in & feeling very bleugh!

Our room was available around 12:00. Lovely room, 5th floor, huge bathroom. Beds, air con, view over pool (we had paid for an upgraded room with Tui) all really lovely. Mini bar contained a coke, a soda & a sprite. Not good enough for a 5 star hotel.

At check in they do not take your credit card details so anything e tea you order eg room service, food at the beach bar etc has to be paid for there & then. This is annoying as you are AI but still carrying cash/cards. We tried a few times to add a card but gave up as it seemed to much trouble.

The pool is huge, well maintained, there are lifeguards & lots of inflatables like a swan, dolphin, rings etc... we were two adult ladies so if I read this in a review it might put me off! It was not like a water park at all, people were relaxing in the floats, reading books etc. I thought they were a lovely addition. There is a separate kids section of the pool.

The beach....wow. It’s clean, lifeguards are very vigilant, you can wade out a long way before it gets deep, lovely sand. And the sunsets.....some of the best I’ve ever seen!

There was a drama regarding sun beds whilst we were there. What people don’t seem to understand is that they cause most of the problems! If you are a couple, you get two by the beach, with one in between you for your bags, two by the pool, with another one for your bags that’s 6 sun beds! Our room overlooked the pool...by 07:00 every single sun bed was draped in a towel. Ridiculous.

On one occasion we couldn’t find any beds and the lifeguard gave us two beds that he said hadn’t been used all morning....low & behold after 30 minutes an English couple came huffing & puffing that we’d stolen they’re beds that they were saving....but we could stay there as they still wouldn’t be using them for a while!!!

Instead of joining in the moaning & getting up at 05:00 to secure 6 sun beds for 2 of us....(why of earth do people do this) we spoke to the management. Anna was brilliant, listened to our complaint, said what the hotel was doing & reassured us this wouldn’t happen the next day. The next morning lots of sun beds arrived & this & eased the issue. Still people were getting sun beds in various places for them to chop & change throughout the day. I’m not sure how this can be resolved but the hotel do have plans in place.

The breakfast buffet was very good, every bread, pastries etc, Asian & western food, an egg station, pho station. Fruit, salad, cold meats.

The lunch buffet...again was good. But yes does get repetitive. I would have liked to be able to have a wider selection of food available at lunch time that was not in the buffet. The beach bar has a burger & I think one other thing on the menu to order.

The evening buffet we didn’t go to.

As part of your TUI AI you can go to Pepper restaurant. This is lovely, a choice of three starters, two soups & then you chose whatever meat & fish you would like barbecued with a buffet of salads, rice, chips. This was really good, very fresh but....the same thing every night. Yes the meat & fish changed slightly but just slightly.

I think that the food lets down this hotel. I wouldn’t have minded paying a premium for a lovely dinner or lunch that wasn’t buffet style, where I could sit & enjoy the view without having to chose my salads from a buffet etc... I think the pepper restaurant should be open all day as the meal times are breakfast 06:30-10:30, lunch 12:00-14:00, dinner 18:00-21:00 we found lunch too close to breakfast.

I wasn’t aware that Vin Pearl is a huge complex. It runs 8km along the beach & 2km inwards! There is nothing around here apart from more Vin Pearl hotels, shops & amusement parks. You cannot walk to a bar, go to a little restaurant, have a massage on the beach etc...

A taxi to the town is around 300,000 VND each way & that soon adds up if you are going back & firth a few times over your holiday.

We took a taxi from outside the hotel to star fish beach, the taxi driver waited 2 hours for us & bought us back we thought this was excellent value at 800,000 VND.

There is a weird thing where they sometimes make you sign a blank receipt which was really weird & we thought quite unnerving as you have no idea what you are signing for. We refused & the staff were a bit aggressive which wasn’t nice.

We didn’t use Tui for any tours. We did 4 different tours of the island with Jerry’s jungle tours (see separate review)

Overall this is a lovely hotel, the grounds are so beautifully maintained. The staff are absolutely lovely, so friendly & willing to help.

Would I stay here again....probably but I would factor in the cost of going to & from town. If they added more restaurant choices in then I would definitely stay. And if you could have a massage on the beach then that would just be perfect. (Spa was fully booked during our stay)

That sunset though!

3  Thank tdbbpink

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Currently staying here for 2 weeks January 2020, couple late 20s/early 30s.

Hotel and rooms very clean, spacey and well presented. Some English channels on the tv showing some quite recent films for example Aladdin released May 2019 showing in January 2020. The air conditioning in this hotel is the best I have ever come across and it also can be kept on when your not in your room which I know some people like.

The food is buffet style. I have seen a few comments on here missing about only serving “eel soup” and such but there is a wide range of dishes available. In particular I have become particularly keen on the pasta and stir fry’s but I manage to get a good British fry up in the morning as well.

The hotel is located right in the beach. We walked for around an hour north on the beach and besides the life guards we had the beach to ourselves for the second part of the walk. Also during our stay we did not get bothered by anyone trying to sell us stuff either within the hotel grounds or on the beech which was a big plus from me.

I have also seen some comments about the staffs limited English which is true but I have had absolutely no problems communicating ordering drinks or what I want in my omelette etc it is not difficult and they are all very smart/friendly.

The only negative thing I can add is that the WiFi seemed limited at times.

Overall we will be returning at some point in the future as long as it doesn’t get too overcrowded of a region and there is obviously a massive expansion of the hotels in the area going on.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple