The Boat & Anchor Inn
$52
Travelodge
The Walnut Tree Hotel(North Petherton)
$99
Premier Inn Bridgwater Hotel(Bridgwater)(Great Value!)
$76
Admirals Table(Bridgwater)
$58
Travelodge Taunton(Taunton)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
$80
PremierInn.com
Premier Inn Taunton East(Taunton)(Great Value!)
$76
$110
$92
  • Pool
Sunnyside B&B(Bridgwater)
$87
Priceline
All reviewsan enjoyable stayfriendly placeoutside seatingselection of beerssat navlovely meala large car parklittle gemwest countrybed was very comfortablefull english breakfasteasy accesscanal sideafrican grey parrotmotorwayconservatoryjunction
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 18, 2013

We broke up a long journey by stopping here intending to have an outdoor meal so that our dogs could stretch their legs. The food was good pub grub (lovely salad). When it started raining the manager kindly said that as long as the dogs were well behaved we could eat indoors - much appraciated, we will be back.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 16, 2013

My stay was very comfortable and pleasant. The food could not be faulted and its situated in an ideal location. It has a wonderful family and home-like feeling and made my stay away from home feel relaxing, the staff could not be more welcoming and friendly. I would recommend this hotel for families or couples looking for a romantic escape.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 9, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This establishment is what you may refer to as good old fashioned charm and service, Yes the building is of an older age but it IS very comfortable and full of charm. The owner, Mike, is a very obliging man, I say this because I'm on my third visit here within a very short space of time and I arrived very late but Mike was kind enough to wait up for me as I had to drive down from London. I finally arrived at 00:15 hrs! His full Enghlish breakfasts are very good, each one cooked to order. If you want a nice quiet place to unwind then this could be just for you. Although it can be seen from the M5, there is definitely no road traffic noise. The evening meal menu is quit extensive with various specials on offer. There is also a fine range of beers, wines, and spiritsThe staff are very friendly and supportive of Mike in his aims to improve the business. The "star" of the Inn has to be the resident Parrot, a female African Grey, who has a very wide range of impressions and sound effects! There are some lovely views over the adjoining canal and land. The buldings are currently being extended ready for a soon to be increased level of business. All in all, a good and comfortable place to stay. I shall look forward to my next return trip. Jon Barnes.

Room Tip: Try and ask for a room overlooking the canal/river.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 27, 2013

At first sight this seems an ideal location for a restful night. Out of town next to a canal. A quiant old style inn, just the way I normally like my accomodation . Unfortunatley it is right next to an unmanned railway crossing that seems to have the warning alarm sounding most of the day till about midnight and a dual carriageway. Both of which could be heard from my twin room. Luckily the bed was really comfy.
The place was also locked up when I arrived about 4 oclock. Luckily someone arrived from the outside and got some one to open up for me.
The tele had lost its remote and no one seemed to care and did not get either BBC channel even when I managed to get it turned on. There was also no WIFI as promised. And I dont mean a weak signal, I never found one anywhere, and again no one cared.
I asked for extra milk and was told someone would bring it up. Nothing arrived.
The staff were very pleasant, and mildly apologetic, but did not do anything to rectify anything. The best member of the 'crew' was a very clever and good looking bird in the bar area.
The breakfast was filling but over cooked. And the evening meal although looked good on the menu was basically cooked and again filling without wowing.
There looks to be extensive money spent on new rooms adjoining the old building but I feel they need to keep the basics of the old rooms before losing to many customers.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business