Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
$16
eDreams$32
StayForLong
Hotels.com
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 30, 2016

Got a great room with the largest bed I've slept on in years.

The staff turned out to be really friendly, perhaps because I was a solo traveler. They gave me aloe for my sunburn, lit a candle in my room when I checked in, helped me learn to ride a motorbike and even shared a little private food with me.

They also gave me a few free upgrades as well. Probably just because they didn't have many customers there during the rainy season, but it made my trip that much better.

I will definitely be back

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank 120jaredm
Reviewed August 5, 2016

Breakfast is great: lots of food, changing breakfast menu everyday, fresh local fruits. Just a perfect place to stay on Phu Quoc. It's not on the beach but they have private beach with towels and shower for free at Famiana resort just across the road. Walking time to the beach is not more than 5 minutes. Staff was nice and helpful. And breakfast again!

The bad thing they are too eco =) We had large bugs living in a tree nearby (NOT in the room). Too scary for the first time but they are harmless.

Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Andrew L
Reviewed June 2, 2016

Arrived late at the Langchia Village due to a delayed flight, No real welcome and just taken to our room and left there. No "this is the wi-fi" code", "breakfast is from this time" etc. Slightly underwhelming. But, has to be said after the bad start it got a whole lot better! Grounds are beautiful and really set off the pool area. Room was fine with free fruit and water. Bathroom was interesting... it is open to the elements via a glassless "window". There is a mosquito net and a modesty screen and it was refreshing to take a shower. No hot water at the sink, but in the hot weather, shaving in cold water was good too. Breakfast was ok - not a huge selection of fruit and was a combination of either a la carte or a buffet...the buffet was better to be honest. Staff were really friendly and helpful too. We were able to use the sister resort over the road to use the beach and it is about a 25 minute walk down to a busier part of the beach where there are a few bars and restaurants. Cab ride to the night market cost just over £1 and is worth a look.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank GordonandMichael
Reviewed May 23, 2016

We had a very nice stay at the hotel. We had a room facing the pool. It was very basic, but did allright for sleeping. Atmosphere was very peaceful. Close to the beach, which was lovely. Breakfast was OK, the passion fruit juice was the best juice I have ever had in a hotel.

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 10, 2016

I had a very nice spacious room (B-01, a complimentary upgrade to a superior double I think), with fan, aircon, fridge, etc. Wifi worked well. The bed was firm and comfortable in my opinion (maybe too firm for some, but all the beds I've used the last three weeks in Vietnam and Cambodia have been similar from that point of view). It was extremely hot (unusually so I gather) on Phu Quoc when I was there late April, and the aircon had a bit of difficulty keeping up in the middle of the day (I was there at the hottest time of year), but was more than enough during the night. The bathroom itself is not cooled, but that was not an issue. I had no mosquito problems.

One of the other guests I met said they had a room elsewhere on the property that was a bit disturbed by building work first thing in the morning, but I had no trouble with this, certainly not over the hum of the fan and air conditioning.

There is a lovely, decent sized pool with loungers, though the water was almost too warm at this time of year!

The breakfast buffet is delicious and plentiful, with a good and varying choice of local dishes as well as the usual options of eggs/omelettes cooked well to order, bacon, pancakes, fruit, tea, coffee, juice, etc. There were complimentary bottles of water in the room each day and a complimentary tea provided every afternoon 3-5pm with coffee, tea, juice, fruit and biscuits; very much appreciated.

The breakfast restaurant also does dinner which I understand from another guest is very good, though that was not obvious that this was on offer and there are of course also plenty of other places to eat and drink 1-5 mins walk away down on the road, or in town.

There are perhaps only two small drawbacks with LV which are that it is not immediately on the beach and that it is a little way from town:

One has to cross the small 'main road', but it is a 4 minute slow walk to a little private beach with dedicated sun-beds under the palm trees, beach towels provided and a freshwater shower. Unfortunately there is a lot of rubbish on all beaches in Vietnam (and this part of the world in general) but this private section at the south end of the Famiana resort beach is kept nice and clean. There was a lovely breeze all of the time, so it was very pleasant to lie in the shade and read a book.

You can hire a scooter from the guest house before the main road 50m away for 130 000 VND/day, otherwise you will need to take a taxi, or moto taxi (ca 20 000) if solo, to and from Duong Dong town.

Last, but certainly not least there are wonderful treatments offered onsite by Giau; I only tried her massage (twice in the 4 days I was there - I even considered extending my stay just to be able to have another!), but if I remember right she offers reflexology and other treatments also. So professional, so respectful and so talented. And cheap too... I would certainly recommend people not staying at LV to go there anyway just for a massage and if you are staying there then you really must treat yourself (and don't wait until your last day!), Giau is wonderful!

I found that the cheapest way to LV from the airport is to take the Jetstar shuttle bus (50 000 VND) and get them to stop at the bottom of the road, or the Famiana Resort (you may need to watch your GPS to make sure they do actual stop at the right place).

Do go to the night market in DD, try the seafood, watch the ice creams being prepared and eat the little savoury pancake things prepared on a little round charcoal grill (10 000 each - delicious!).

I would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: April 2016