Famiana Resort & Spa
$25
Lana Land(Cua Lap)(Great Value!)
$10
$49
Praha Hotel(Phu Quoc Island)
$39
TripAdvisor
Praha Hotel(Duong To)
$50
$45
Langchia Village Resort(Duong To)(Great Value!)
$75
$32
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from these sites
All reviewsfamiana resortbeach sidephu quocswimming poolgolf buggybeach bargreen villaboth sidesbeachfront villanight marketwestern optionsnice beachconstruction noiseocean viewbreakfast buffetthe main hotellow season
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I wonder how many people confuse Famiana Village hotel with Famiana Resort and Spa. Are Quite close, about 400 m but they are not the same. The people from Famiana Village can use facillity from Famiana Resort and Spa because they do not have and the resort and the hotel have the same resort. But if you are looking for the prices you will see the rates in Famiana Resort are more than double the Famiana Village.You get what you pay. Famiana Resort and Spa is realy gorgeous, very clean, nice pool, quite, beautiful beach and I think you can have everything you want. At breakfast and dinner we had buffet with a lot of choises. You find here 3-4 kinds of cheese, foiegras, 3-4 sortiments of salami, french dishes....Because I am from Europe I love this kind of food. I was in many asian country but here I had the best food at the resort restaurant.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank CarmenSilvia68
Reviewed February 2, 2013

The food was tasty an avarage level like for vietnamese standard, big choice, bedroom very nice but two times we found in the bathroom, due many holes under ceiling, big lizard!!! It was very scared for my wife. The beach was very near with beds and clean towels. Staff was very gentel. Nice pool. Maybe we will come back there.

4  Thank Meg L
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I stayed here two nights on a quick holiday to Phu Quoc and I was incredibly impressed!
First, the room- We booked a garden view room but were given a sea view (no extra charge), the bathroom was incredible- huge tub and amazing shower... It was clean, modern and very comfortable.
Next, outside- The beach was beautiful, the pool was huge and very clean with a very nice swim up bar (best cocktails I've had in Vietnam and such reasonable prices too!) The staff were so friendly and helpful... they couldn't do more to help you.
Last- the food- Our first night they had a 5 course set menu, it wasn't great (better to go to the night market for fresh seafood barbecues), but the breakfast buffet and dinner buffet the next day were very nice. Lot's of yummy choices, no shortages either.
This was an amazing resort. We were only on Phu Quoc three nights and the first night we stayed up the beach at a very mediocre bungalow for $50 a night. Yes this place cost about three times more a night but it was worth every penny, as it was 20 times nicer!! I would recommend this resort to anyone who wants a fun, relaxing, happy stay on Phu Quoc Island :)

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Rachaeljean13
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Hotel is brand new which was a major plus! The rooms were clean and the bathrooms were modern with a rain shower and corner bathtub. Staff was young and friendly and we were welcomed at the airport with a free shuttle/driver to hotel. Return to airport was the same.
Beds and pillows were amazing & the best we encountered in Vietnam. (Deluxe down pillows and Duvet and comfortable mattress). I did not think a good mattress nor pillows existed in Vietnam before this hotel and I have been in 5 stars throughout the country. Linens were a good quality cotton. What a dream like sleep I had for 5 nights, total comfort.
Landscaping was well planned however because the hotel is new the trees, flowers, shrubs etc. will need a few more years to mature.
Exercise room had aerobic machines only (2 bikes, tread mill, stair climber) No free weights or weight machines.

My only complaint is that the food was simply horrible. It is the worst food I have ever had in any resort, EVER. Breakfast was very average. More fruit and availability of yogurt and muesli would have been healthy options. Pho was only offered upon personal request & was quite good. Breakfast seemed to have a lot of leftovers from the buffet the night before.
Dinner buffet was basically HORRIBLE! I had a hard time filling my plate with anything I liked. I wish cooking staff could have offered more quality Vietnamese style cooking, after all it is Vietnam. They tried to accommodate the Western palate, but did it unsuccessfully. They had a set menu one night that had a price tag of $25 US. Another horrible menu with no other food options.

Menu consisted of:
2 seafood spring rolls (greasy & just OK)
Beaf soup (OK)
Waldorf salad (absolutely horrible....could not eat)
Seafood risotto (3 dried shrimp surrounded by even drier yellow coloured rice)
Mango ice cream desert (horrible)
Coffee or tea

WHAT I LIkED:

Comfort of beds & pillows
Nice quality linens and fluffy white towels
Good showers
Small quiet place...not too big
Setting is on quiet area of Long Beach
Loved the fruit vendors walking along the beach

WHAT I DID NOT LIKE:

Food was horrible
Internet was very slow in our room. It seemed to work better elsewhere on the resort including beach, balcony, and dining room.
Music around dining area came on around 7:30 am each morning. I was in room #1217 and speakers were right under our balcony. Music woke me up in the morning and was irritating when I was sitting on my balcony throughout the day.

SUGGESTIONS TO MANAGEMENT:

Change the breakfast and dinner buffets menus immediately! The food was simply horrible. Bring experts in for advice!

I had the deluxe room with oceanview. The lounge area had 3 small pillow type chairs low to the ground that I found useless. Replace with a relaxing chair and/or small sofa in lounge area as I noticed in other rooms.

Also, the sliding balcony door was very difficult to open and close. My husband had to use his screw driver to open/close the latch. Pinched my finger 2x.

More lounge chairs with pads are needed on the beach area.

Don't spray pesticides next to people eating lunch nor during waking hours.

Water did not drain well in shower and a lingering sewer smell was in the bathroom

3  Thank FactChick
Reviewed January 8, 2013

This is a fantastic hotel. We were a little worried based on the early reviews but obviously things have changed now that the hotel is officially open.

Our room was excellent. Large with a great view of the beach. All the rooms have either a balcony or terrace which is nice for sitting outside in the morning and evening (too hot in the afternoon). The bathroom is large and well laid out although it's a shame you have to pull the blind down and block the view when you shower (privacy screens would make it even nicer). The pool is large and the beach clean with lots of lounge chairs. Pool towels were a little hard to get but once we figured out to help ourselves in the structure beside the pool, it was fine.

The staff were friendly, helpful and eager to practice their English with you (or teach you basic Vietnamese if you wanted).

We only went to town one afternoon and then decided there was enough to do close to the resort with lots of restaurant/bar choices up the beach so didn't go again.

Our only complaint with the resort was the buffet. It was quite small and if you got to it a little late, they often ran out of items. The breakfast had some strange choices like beef in red wine sauce one day. Another morning our breakfast consisted of chicken fingers and potato salad. They did have an egg and pancake station but after a few days, we were getting tired of that as the only choice (hence the chicken finger breakfast). There are many nice places to go quite close by with reasonable prices but I do think the hotel should improve the buffet choices.

Their New Year's Eve buffet and show was a lot of fun and the buffet much improved for that event on their beach. A shout out to T & D for making NYE memorable.

Overall a great resort with lovely rooms and a fantastic pool. We'd definitely stay here again.

2  Thank Stang1sk