“Great food”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 30, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I have had Dinner and Sunday brunch several times at this restaurant and have never been disappointed. Their wonderful grits are not just for breakfast. Be sure and order the grits even if you have never liked them before.
Seafood is fresh but even the burgers and steaks are delicious as well.
Prices are reasonable and portions are adequate even for this chubby guy.

1  Thank Pandfhomes

Reviewed September 5, 2018

If you're going to have something on your menu, do it well; the prime rib was full of fat and fatty striations that made it tough and chewy. That just means they don't have the best supply of "prime rib"; it was "choice rib" at best.

A/C was out; and it was really too hot inside.

The crew seemed overly wrought with closing; getting out what had been ordered and closing. Even though it was just 8:30pm

Haley, the bartender, even with the "closing" pressure, still took a "to-go" order for a couple that had just walked in the door. cudos.

Reviewed September 4, 2018

Had a little bit of a wait but the food was definitely worth it. Everyone in our party enjoyed the flavor and freshness of the seafood. Edisto is definitely on island time so you wouldn't want to eat here if you are in a rush. But to be fair that goes for pretty much all the eating establishments on the island. Service was friendly and the server was knowledgeable about the menu and specials. Prices were fair and the serving size was very appropriate.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

I was told that this restaurant was once on the waterfront...it isn’t now. Atmosphere is okay. There was a 40 minute wait because there were 2 of us when a large party came after us and got right in.

We each got the seafood combo. I ordered the fried oysters, grilled shrimp and grilled scallops. They were cooked and seasoned perfectly. It came with slaw (good taste) and I upgraded to sweet potato fries for 1.99. They were cut thinly and tasted Devine! No regrets.
My husband ordered the fried oysters, grilled scallops and fried fish (reminded him of growing up on Long Island). Fish was okay- I just prefer my food grilled or sautéed. He also had the regular (crinkle cut) fries. I didn’t taste, but they looked regular. We split the chocolate cake/ it cost a fortune (just under $10) but was huge! It was a nice dense cake with a creamy icing. My husband and I shared and we could only eat half and took the rest home.
We split a half carafe of Mimosa ($8). It was heavy on champagne and lighter on OJ but tasted fine. We had to put ice in it because neither must have been chilled. The cost was $63 total. We felt it was a great deal!
I will go back for breakfast and review it soon. The prices for breakfast was cheap (checked it out while we were waiting) and made me wonder how they make money.
The wait and slow service dropped this from 5 to 4 Stars. In all fairness, we are at the beach and what’s the rush??? I am comparing it to the other restaurants we have eaten at, here.

Reviewed September 2, 2018 via mobile

We showed up at 1 and they didn't get us our food until around 3. The salad bar was bare, and they refused to replace items after we kept asking. Finally our food came out, but it wasn't made as described. Our lowcountry BLTs were supposed to have fried green tomatoes, but they came with regular tomatoes. They ran out of slaw, and didn't give anything else to us to replace the missing side. Our server was super nice though, and handled the situation as good as she could. I hope she finds a better job. This place straight up sucks.

Date of visit: September 2018
Scot F, Owner at The Waterfront Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2018

Hi Elizabeth, We cannot stress enough how sorry we are to learn of your recent experience. If possible, please reach out to info@waterfrontrestaurantedisto.com with the date of your visit, as we would like to look into this incident farther.