“Not on the waterfront. Lol”

The Waterfront Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

I was told that this restaurant was once on the waterfront...it isn’t now. Atmosphere is okay. There was a 40 minute wait because there were 2 of us when a large party came after us and got right in.

We each got the seafood combo. I ordered the fried oysters, grilled shrimp and grilled scallops. They were cooked and seasoned perfectly. It came with slaw (good taste) and I upgraded to sweet potato fries for 1.99. They were cut thinly and tasted Devine! No regrets.
My husband ordered the fried oysters, grilled scallops and fried fish (reminded him of growing up on Long Island). Fish was okay- I just prefer my food grilled or sautéed. He also had the regular (crinkle cut) fries. I didn’t taste, but they looked regular. We split the chocolate cake/ it cost a fortune (just under $10) but was huge! It was a nice dense cake with a creamy icing. My husband and I shared and we could only eat half and took the rest home.
We split a half carafe of Mimosa ($8). It was heavy on champagne and lighter on OJ but tasted fine. We had to put ice in it because neither must have been chilled. The cost was $63 total. We felt it was a great deal!
I will go back for breakfast and review it soon. The prices for breakfast was cheap (checked it out while we were waiting) and made me wonder how they make money.
The wait and slow service dropped this from 5 to 4 Stars. In all fairness, we are at the beach and what’s the rush??? I am comparing it to the other restaurants we have eaten at, here.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed September 2, 2018 via mobile

We showed up at 1 and they didn't get us our food until around 3. The salad bar was bare, and they refused to replace items after we kept asking. Finally our food came out, but it wasn't made as described. Our lowcountry BLTs were supposed to have fried green tomatoes, but they came with regular tomatoes. They ran out of slaw, and didn't give anything else to us to replace the missing side. Our server was super nice though, and handled the situation as good as she could. I hope she finds a better job. This place straight up sucks.

Date of visit: September 2018
Scot F, Owner at The Waterfront Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2018

Hi Elizabeth, We cannot stress enough how sorry we are to learn of your recent experience. If possible, please reach out to info@waterfrontrestaurantedisto.com with the date of your visit, as we would like to look into this incident farther.

Reviewed August 30, 2018 via mobile

This is a fun spot, casual but delicious food. They had someone playing live music which was fun. We ordered the popcorn shrimp and artichoke crab dip as an appetizer, and a couple is salads. Salads were fresh and large. The popcorn shrimp were Devine. My husband does not like shrimp, but likes to re-try every once in awhile to see if he might like these LOL. And he did! Tender, perfectly seasoned, breaded, and fried. The hush puppies and corn fritters were ample and delicious as well. My daughter and mother got prime ribs, and they were generous portions and very good, cooked to order. I got a seafood combo with broiled flounder and scallops. The scallops were okay. They were cooked perfectly, but I wasn’t overly impressed with the quality. Honestly, I find that to be true with scallops a lot of the time. The flounder was awesome though. Tender, lovely seasoning. I wanted fried, but I don’t normally eat so much grains/flour, and didn’t want to make myself sick. The waitress said she actually prefers it broiled and she was right. My husband had the grouper, which was also cooked to perfection and very good. Grits were devine (no grits in upstate NY, so these are a treat). As we are on vacation we splurged and got chocolate cake and key lime pie. They all loved the cake, and the key lime pie was excellent. Light, airy, and not bitter at all like some key lime pies can be. Their Bloody Mary was good as well, but I couldn’t finish it because I was too full!! Also, it was about 6:45 on a Wednesday night and there was no wait, and service was fast and friendly.

Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

We showed up for dinner at 8:30 (closing is at 9) and were told the kitchen was closed so we couldn’t be served. Very disappointing experience.

Reviewed August 27, 2018

We arrived in Edisto on a Sunday and decided to eat lunch at Waterfront! I got the buffet and salad bar, plus hushpuppies! My mom got the shrimp and salad bar.
The buffet was reasonably priced ($12) and it had a lot of options. Cole slaw, broccoli salad (like a waldorf salad), greens, ham,chicken, and so much more! Plus a breakfast buffet!
My mom enjoyed her shrimp, the best on the island! The hushpuppies were a little small but good.
The only problem was, we were trying to use our Restaurant.com certificate and it wouldn't work. (But I'm blaming that on Restaurant.com not Waterfront).
The staff was very pleasant and kept trying to get our certificate to work. Great place to eat!