“Sooooo good”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 30, 2018 via mobile

This is a fun spot, casual but delicious food. They had someone playing live music which was fun. We ordered the popcorn shrimp and artichoke crab dip as an appetizer, and a couple is salads. Salads were fresh and large. The popcorn shrimp were Devine. My husband does not like shrimp, but likes to re-try every once in awhile to see if he might like these LOL. And he did! Tender, perfectly seasoned, breaded, and fried. The hush puppies and corn fritters were ample and delicious as well. My daughter and mother got prime ribs, and they were generous portions and very good, cooked to order. I got a seafood combo with broiled flounder and scallops. The scallops were okay. They were cooked perfectly, but I wasn’t overly impressed with the quality. Honestly, I find that to be true with scallops a lot of the time. The flounder was awesome though. Tender, lovely seasoning. I wanted fried, but I don’t normally eat so much grains/flour, and didn’t want to make myself sick. The waitress said she actually prefers it broiled and she was right. My husband had the grouper, which was also cooked to perfection and very good. Grits were devine (no grits in upstate NY, so these are a treat). As we are on vacation we splurged and got chocolate cake and key lime pie. They all loved the cake, and the key lime pie was excellent. Light, airy, and not bitter at all like some key lime pies can be. Their Bloody Mary was good as well, but I couldn’t finish it because I was too full!! Also, it was about 6:45 on a Wednesday night and there was no wait, and service was fast and friendly.

Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

We showed up for dinner at 8:30 (closing is at 9) and were told the kitchen was closed so we couldn’t be served. Very disappointing experience.

Reviewed August 27, 2018

We arrived in Edisto on a Sunday and decided to eat lunch at Waterfront! I got the buffet and salad bar, plus hushpuppies! My mom got the shrimp and salad bar.
The buffet was reasonably priced ($12) and it had a lot of options. Cole slaw, broccoli salad (like a waldorf salad), greens, ham,chicken, and so much more! Plus a breakfast buffet!
My mom enjoyed her shrimp, the best on the island! The hushpuppies were a little small but good.
The only problem was, we were trying to use our Restaurant.com certificate and it wouldn't work. (But I'm blaming that on Restaurant.com not Waterfront).
The staff was very pleasant and kept trying to get our certificate to work. Great place to eat!

Reviewed August 20, 2018

Wife and I stopped for a later lunch on a weekday afternoon. Place had some other patrons, but the place wasn't overly busy or crowded around ~2PM. Waitress was polite and friendly. Meals came out fairly quickly once orders were placed. The food itself was excellent. Prices were reasonable for quality and portion sizes, especially in comparison with some of the other local restaurants.

Only criticism that I would have is that it took 15-20 minutes before anybody greeted/seated us. Visited various other places over our week visit, so understand that the island has a slower pace than the bigger city areas. Just a little frustrating to stand and wait when restaurant wasn't even ¼ full. Definitely glad that we waited, though.

Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

This is our second year vacationing at Edisto, and waterfront is always on our list. Our waitress was great, service was fast (for Edisto; it's an island, so be sure to adjust your expectations to the pace of the culture), and the food was really good. Grilled shrimp is my favorite here. They have a kids menu with a coloring page, which was a real game changer for us, and a little gift shop in store!