“Great Buffet!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 27, 2018

We arrived in Edisto on a Sunday and decided to eat lunch at Waterfront! I got the buffet and salad bar, plus hushpuppies! My mom got the shrimp and salad bar.
The buffet was reasonably priced ($12) and it had a lot of options. Cole slaw, broccoli salad (like a waldorf salad), greens, ham,chicken, and so much more! Plus a breakfast buffet!
My mom enjoyed her shrimp, the best on the island! The hushpuppies were a little small but good.
The only problem was, we were trying to use our Restaurant.com certificate and it wouldn't work. (But I'm blaming that on Restaurant.com not Waterfront).
The staff was very pleasant and kept trying to get our certificate to work. Great place to eat!

Reviewed August 20, 2018

Wife and I stopped for a later lunch on a weekday afternoon. Place had some other patrons, but the place wasn't overly busy or crowded around ~2PM. Waitress was polite and friendly. Meals came out fairly quickly once orders were placed. The food itself was excellent. Prices were reasonable for quality and portion sizes, especially in comparison with some of the other local restaurants.

Only criticism that I would have is that it took 15-20 minutes before anybody greeted/seated us. Visited various other places over our week visit, so understand that the island has a slower pace than the bigger city areas. Just a little frustrating to stand and wait when restaurant wasn't even ¼ full. Definitely glad that we waited, though.

Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

This is our second year vacationing at Edisto, and waterfront is always on our list. Our waitress was great, service was fast (for Edisto; it's an island, so be sure to adjust your expectations to the pace of the culture), and the food was really good. Grilled shrimp is my favorite here. They have a kids menu with a coloring page, which was a real game changer for us, and a little gift shop in store!

Reviewed August 17, 2018 via mobile

Our first visit to this restaurant and it is now on the "must eat" list every time we come to Edisto Beach. For starters we had the hot crab and artichoke dip with homemade pita chips... divine! Then we had the best fried shrimp I have tasted. Bar none. So fresh and incredibly tender -sublime! Maybe I have had better breading but the delicate taste of the shrimp trumped it all. And as if that isn't enough, the fresh vegetables served, tonight it was sauteed green beans and red peppers, are grown right on Edisto and perfectly prepared. To round out our meal we had creamy stone ground grits. Delicious!
The service, although a bit slow, wasn't out of line for a busy restaurant. Our server was delightful and did a great job of spacing our appetizers and meals as well as checking on us frequently.
Altogether it was a great beach seafood meal and I am looking forward to my next trip!

1  Thank luray50
Reviewed August 16, 2018 via mobile

I have seen this place go through different ownership over the years and with that, changes in the menu. Staff is friendly. Food came out timely. We enjoyed it.