“Must visit!”

Shelter Bar & Kitchen
Ranked #2 of 5 Restaurants in Frankton
Reviewed March 28, 2019 via mobile

This venue is a must visit! I am in Queenstown for work for a couple weeks and this has delivered every time. The mexicana pizza is beautiful, great drink selection. Staff are great! Inside and outside seating options !

Date of visit: March 2019
shelterbar, Owner at Shelter Bar & Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2019

Hi Cameron, Thank you very much for your kind words. Our pizza menu is very popular with lots of option to choose from, we are glad that you enjoyed you meal at the shelter. See you again

Reviewed March 28, 2019

Just in Queenstown for work and I regularly used to eat here when it was known as Hamills. I went there last night and it had changed name. Staff were friendly, service was good and the meal I had (battered blue cod) was tasty. Only one complaint was that the two small pieces of fish were very suitable for an entree but not for a main. Maybe I am spoiled by past meals at Lone Star, but I would rather had paid an extra $3 for the additional cost of 100 grams of fish that would have made the meal acceptable.

Date of visit: March 2019

Hi There, thank you for your feedback we are happy that you like the service and enjoyed the meal, we are sorry if you feel the portion was small as we serve a standard portion but feel free to tell our friendly staff with any issues and they are more than happy to resolve that immediately, thanks see you again

Reviewed March 4, 2019

Ordered the Steak medium rare with pepper sauce. Steak was cooked to perfection chips were hot and wow pepper sauce was to die for. I think the meal and drinks were reasonably priced for Queenstown. I will come back when i am back in Frankton.

Date of visit: February 2019
PanthakaC1, Manager at Shelter Bar & Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2019

Thank You for lovely feedback, See you again at the Shelter Bar

Reviewed February 6, 2019

Firstly when I walked in, I had no idea it was a bar or a restaurant. No one came up to me or welcomed me. I finally found a menu.
Finally a waitress came up & asked me what I wanted. I felt like saying size 9 shoes please in black lace up. I didn't.

I was shown to a table.

My meal was OK, but for the price charged, it was way over priced. I had yellowing lettuce leaves & a basic sliced red cabbage & obviously a bought in sauce. Given the price charged, I would of expected a fine dining standard, instead a real cheapo standard.

These guys are obviously of the mind set, charge as much as possible, whilst delivering as little as possible.

With a glass of wine $50. Just arip off for what I got.

Date of visit: February 2019
4  Thank Paul K
Reviewed January 28, 2019 via mobile

I was here just for a coffee recently and had a very good experience. Coffee good and service pleasant and effecient. Comfortable seating outside for smokers.

Date of visit: January 2019