Villa di Piazzano
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Villa Manuela(Cortona)
View Hotel
Villa Sensi(Tuoro sul Trasimeno)
View Hotel
I Capricci di Merion(Tuoro sul Trasimeno)
View Hotel
Ospitalita Perusia(Tuoro sul Trasimeno)
View Hotel
All reviewscooking classtuscan countrysidejunior suiteour honeymoonowners and staffbeautiful hotelwine tastingour room was spaciousthe entire staffbeautiful groundsperfect placeminute drivespent nightsbottle of proseccowithout exceptioncypress treeshunting lodge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Me and my wife, we stayed at Villa di Piazzano for 3 nights at june 2013, during our vacation trip to Tuscany and Rome. This is a very good hotel. Located in a beautiful country place in the middle of a small village called Pergo, a district of Cortona, and conveniently situated just at the distance of a 10/15 minutes drive from the "under the tuscan sun city". (Cortona)
The hotel is really about a nice luxury and familiar 'villa' at an old and renewed house, between trees, birds and a very quiet and peacefull neighborhood where you can hear the contrast between the sounds of silence and the birds singing. The rooms are very impressive with a large major space, like those royal chambers from the antiquity. Confortable beds, pillows, nice TV and minibar. The ceiling heights are about 13 feet, and it just gives a sensation that the room is even larger and wider. Well, i have to mention 3 small negative points about the rooms. First, the air conditioning didnt work very well durying my stay, even though i complained with the staff at the front desk.. Second, you can hear, however in a discret volume not so loud, steps (people walking) in your ceiling at the room located in the upper floor ( we stayed in the second, or middle floor)
Third, the bathrooms, in my opinion, need a modernization, specially the showers, that are set in tinny bathtubs. These are my only concerns about the hotel. Besides that, and all that it was already said, the place is very enjoyable and i can add that they have a great staff, very gentle, receptive and professional, the room service is very clean and efficient, the breakfast and the restaurant also matched all my expectations, just as the inside parts of thehotel. Last but not least, a word and a compliment about the beautiful pool, when we layed down for a great relaxing time, every sunny morning after our breakfast, charging our own batteries for the rest of the busy days. They say they have a pool. And they really do! A very respectable one. Not like many other hotels that mention a pool but offer a tank instead.
Recomended to a nice and relaxing tuscan vacation.

1  Thank FelipeCuesta
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Stayed there twice in June for a total of 4 nights. A very comfortable country villa in delightful grounds surrounded by agricultural land and within sight of Cortona (20 mins away by car). Bedrooms and public spaces were well decorated and comfortable. We ate there every night and had outstanding food and wine - although not cheap! Staff very friendly and service excellent. We would certainly stay there again.

1  Thank NandMDevon
Reviewed June 23, 2013

On our recent trip to Italy, my family stayed at Villa de Piazzano for two nights. I wish it could have been more! The Villa is located near Cortona and is a jewel. The grounds are beautiful and well maintained. My children greatly enjoyed the pool, large green spaces and garden. Breakfast was wonderful and so was our gourmet dinner on the terrace. The staff was very friendly and helpful with recommendations and directions to local sites.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stayed @ the Villa for 2 nights and enjoyed the place a lot. Very relaxed, good location and very nicely decorated, the rooms as well as the public area in the main house. We had a room in the side building. Unfortunately the workshop-kitchen was under our room and even though the workshop only starts around 11 am, at 7h20 somebody came in to deposit plastic bags in the kitchen so we were instantly awake, it was if somebody opened our door and put the bags next to our bed. Apart from that we had 100% silence at night. Very comfortable beds, and enough space. The bathroom was even a bit to big, making it less cosy.

(The only thing we were not charmed by was the restaurant. We started off with a salad and all the salads that everybody ordered looked the same : a not very elegant 'tower' of green salad with then a different seasoning and different meat/cheese/fruit or whatever you asked for on it. I had pecorino with pineapple & pistachio's. The pistachio's all disappeared in the green tower only to be found back after working my way through all the green. The lamb I ordered as a main course was 80% fat and 20% lamb. Very dissappointing. I didn't bother ordering a dessert after those 2 courses. During our holiday we ate in different kind of places, from a 2** restaurant to a simple trattoria and this was our least favourite meal of the whole trip. Which was disappointing after reading all the remarks about the 'good kitchen' . But then again, whithout wanting to be offending, the good remarks came mostly from US guests and I do believe that this is more their kind of kitchen then ours).

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Villa_di_Piazzano, Owner at Villa di Piazzano, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to learn that you generally enjoyed your stay and the amenities offered by the property. I have also taken into serious consideration your comments in regards to the restaurant. I do want to say that the idea of offering a salad on the menu (and there is just one) is to satisfy a request which travellers frequently make to find something fresh during their travels. It is difficult to make a salad look elegant as it is just simply: a salad. As to the ingredients I am sure the chef will be happy to make alterations to the dish if the general consensus differs from what we are offering. I have taken note that you did not find the meat to your liking. Lamb cutlets usually have some degree of fat, but I will certainly check with our provider whether there is the possibility of finding a leaner cut. What I do, however, dissent with is your comment on American guests and their “palate”. I have met many guests during the past 14 years and I can assure you that I have come across Americans, Germans, French, English, Australians, Belgians and many other nationalities who have an incredible understanding and appreciation of wine and cuisine despite their country of origin. I think to say that certain nationalities understand nothing about cuisine and, as such, will eat “anything” is a gross generalization of the past which in present times is really unsubstantiated.

Kind regards,

Alessandra Wimpole
Owner-Manager
Villa di Piazzano

Reviewed June 8, 2013

My first words as we drove into the Villa grounds.

My wife, who had previous stayed at the Villa, attempt’s to describe to Villa and location fell well short, it is much, much, much better. In this instance the saying “Seeing is believing” truly applied.

The wow factor was further enhanced with the friendly welcome we received the moment we stepped through the front door.

Sandra and her friendly staff were always on hand to help with arranging car hire, divulging local travel tips and directing us to the best local restaurants when we tore ourselves away from the Villa restaurant.

Our holiday at Villa di Piazzano was fantastic from the moment we arrived right up to the moment we departed (we were sorry to leave). From the many places we visited, Villa di Piazzano is one we will return to.

Congratulations and thank you to all and everybody at Villa di Piazzano for turning our holiday into a lasting memory.

Thank you Sandra and Staff.

Room Tip: Stay here, you won't regret it!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends