Book In Advance

Ways to Experience Antilles EcoQuest
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed February 24, 2016

We took a fabulous guided tour to Neltjeberg Bay on the north side of St. Thomas with Julie in February. We were a group of 5 women in our 50's. Julie advised us to wear tennis shoes, bring plenty of water and a lunch. She led us on a hike through a heavily wooded area that had enough change of elevation that I was glad I wore tennis shoes. Julie is so knowledgeable and was able to answer all of our questions about plants and critters (hermit crabs) we saw along the way. When we came to the ruins of a Dutch sugar plantation, she explained the history of the plantation plus we took lots of photos. A camera is a must for this hike! Shortly after that, we emerged from the woods onto the most breathtaking peninsula high above the bay and crashing waves!!! We hiked a little further down to a gorgeous, secluded beach that we had all to ourselves!!! We enjoyed our lunch there and spent time beachcombing. It was a 3 mile round trip hike which we accomplished easily. We had such a great time and I know we would have never had an opportunity to visit such a secluded location without Julie's knowledge of the island. It was a great treat to enjoy this beach without the usual crush of tourists at other beaches! The day was really the highlight of our visit!!!

2  Thank kblp
AntillesEcoQuest, Owner at Antilles EcoQuest, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2016

We were so happy you could join us on this adventure and that the day was a "highlight" for your visit! Neltjeberg is a beautiful, remote, and historical St. Thomas location! We look forward to your island return and the opportunity to explore other St. Thomas/St. John trails and beaches.

Reviewed February 15, 2016

Julie was great! She is so friendly and knows so much about the island! We would of been lost without her! Can't wait to book another excursion with her on our next cruise! Thanks Julie!

Date of experience: February 2016
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
AntillesEcoQuest, Owner at Antilles EcoQuest, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2016

Thank you for the kind review Nicole. We look forward to your return and another opportunity to locate an octopus! Maybe we can hike to Neltjeberg and view the ruin for the next adventure.

Reviewed February 9, 2016

I couldn't have been happier with our hike & snorkel in Magen's Bay with Julie! Not only was she completely delightful, easy to talk to, and knowledgeable about all the sites on our hike, but she was also great about checking in on pace, hydration, and to take photos! The hike itself was gorgeous, and led to this absolutely beautiful overlook of the bay...picture perfect. And the best part about the hike - Julie showed me how to eat a termite! When it was time to snorkel, the water was murkier than expected, and Julie clearly felt bad that we weren't getting the full experience. So completely on her own she offered to take us to another spot so we could see some sea creatures - she went out of her way to make sure our vacation was amazing! I probably shouldn't say this because I'm sure it can't be done for everyone, but we got MORE than our money's worth because she truly believes in her business and wants to take care of her customers. The scenery and experience were worthwhile, but Julie was the real find! Thanks so much for an incredible day, Julie!

Date of experience: February 2016
AntillesEcoQuest, Owner at Antilles EcoQuest, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2016

Thank you Erin for the spectacular acclaim! Julie feels honored to be comparative to the beauty of the islands. Antilles EcoQuest strives to create unique experiences for each guest and to present our surroundings as lasting memories to return home with. Somedays nature has it's own agenda, but always offers hidden experiences. We hope to share a new view of the islands with you on a return visit!

Reviewed December 21, 2015

I was lucky enough to be on two tours with Antilles EcoQuest - The Salt Pond Bay and Magen's Bay tours. Jim and Julie were so amazing - super friendly and so knowledgeable about the island, flora & fauna. I particularly enjoyed the guided snorkel at Salt Pond Bay where they safely led me though the waters to find the coral reef (so may colorful fish!) and also where the turtles tend to be. Much to my surprise, we saw two turtles!!! (I tend to snorkel in the wrong direction of where the "cool stuff" is, so Julie happily told me which side of various bays to swim to ensure my chances to see the most fish.) Julie answered all of my questions about plants & fish and even followed-up via email with the name of a new fish we saw! She really went above and beyond to make my experience safe, fun and educational. Jim joined us on the Magen's bay hike and I enjoyed leaning from him as well! Jim and Julie hiked at my level and made sure I stayed hydrated. By the end of the tour, I felt like they were a part of my family. They are the best guide duo around!! Cannot wait to go back to St. Thomas so I can do the other tours they offer. A+ in my book. Thank you Julie and Jim for the best tour I've ever been on!! (Be sure to bring cash to tip your guides as you will be so happy to thank them for the most memorable part of your vacation.) Don't miss your opportunity to take a tour with the best - book with them as soon as you book your flight!

Date of experience: November 2015
AntillesEcoQuest, Owner at Antilles EcoQuest, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2016

Thank you for the "sun"sational review! We look forward to your return visit to the islands and another opportunity to provide your group with guide services. Keep adventuring!

Reviewed September 19, 2015

We had a great time with Julie! I have been snorkeling several times, but this was by far the most adventurous snorkel trip I have ever been on. It's about a 30 minute walk downhill to get to Mermaid's Chair, but you walk on a paved road in a pretty neighborhood. At the bottom there are 2 sides to snorkel on - the Atlantic and Caribbean. One side is full of colorful coral along the bottom. The other side is mostly sand on the bottom but it has a huge rock structure that makes a wall that goes down fairly deep. It was really neat how different both sides were. Julie was an awesome guide. She snorkeled in front of us to show us which path was easiest (you get really close to the coral in a lot of spots so it was helpful to follow her lead). She was very knowledgeable about all of the fish and even dove down to get a sea urchin for us to hold! We saw some really unique creatures that I have never seen before. When you are finished the 30 minute walk back up to the car is pretty steep, but not too bad. Would definitely recommend this trip!

Date of experience: September 2015
AntillesEcoQuest, Owner at Antilles EcoQuest, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2015

Thank you for sharing your interpretation of an Antilles EcoQuest experience with TripAdvisor. We are happy you felt this snorkeling trip was a bit different and an "adventure"! Mermaid's Chair is a unique location, providing two distinct aquatic viewings on the same day. Thanks for joining us on your private tour and we look forward to adventuring with you again!