Book In Advance

Ways to Experience Antilles EcoQuest
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 19, 2015

We had a great time with Julie! I have been snorkeling several times, but this was by far the most adventurous snorkel trip I have ever been on. It's about a 30 minute walk downhill to get to Mermaid's Chair, but you walk on a paved road in a pretty neighborhood. At the bottom there are 2 sides to snorkel on - the Atlantic and Caribbean. One side is full of colorful coral along the bottom. The other side is mostly sand on the bottom but it has a huge rock structure that makes a wall that goes down fairly deep. It was really neat how different both sides were. Julie was an awesome guide. She snorkeled in front of us to show us which path was easiest (you get really close to the coral in a lot of spots so it was helpful to follow her lead). She was very knowledgeable about all of the fish and even dove down to get a sea urchin for us to hold! We saw some really unique creatures that I have never seen before. When you are finished the 30 minute walk back up to the car is pretty steep, but not too bad. Would definitely recommend this trip!

Date of experience: September 2015
AntillesEcoQuest, Owner at Antilles EcoQuest, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2015

Thank you for sharing your interpretation of an Antilles EcoQuest experience with TripAdvisor. We are happy you felt this snorkeling trip was a bit different and an "adventure"! Mermaid's Chair is a unique location, providing two distinct aquatic viewings on the same day. Thanks for joining us on your private tour and we look forward to adventuring with you again!

Reviewed September 8, 2015

Julie is such a great guide. She has a tremendous amount of knowledge about the island, plants, animals. Julie came prepared with extra snacks, water, noodle for snorkeling. The hike has some aggressive points but we had no problem navigating them. Julie will make sure you take the breaks you need or want and that you stay hydrated. The hike was well worth the reward when we arrived at the semi private beach. The snorkeling was great, lots of reef; fish, birds.

By the end of the excursion we felt like Julie was part of our family. She is so friendly and knows her stuff.

We would highly recommend any tour/excursion she offers!!

Date of experience: September 2015
1  Thank stlrfantoo05
AntillesEcoQuest, Owner at Antilles EcoQuest, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2015

Thank you for sharing on TripAdvisor your Antilles EcoQuest experience! I (Julie) am so happy we could provide you with an adventure which is educational and fun. Yes, "hydration" is key and always a priority on the trail. Thanks for choosing Antilles EcoQuest to join you in your anniversary celebration! Keep adventuring!

Reviewed July 2, 2015

My family (Wife, son, and mom) and I took the hike from Dorothea to Neltjeberg Beach and had a great day! Julie made sure my mom took her time, stayed hydrated, and enjoyed herself while Jim and my wife went ahead. It felt like we were being guided by a family member throughout the day. The beach was beautiful, as many are here, and the snorkeling was great. Julie and Jim took lots of pictures and made our trip one we'll always remember.

Would recommend Antilles EcoQuest for anyone looking to do something different and off the beaten path. They have hiking and snorkeling trips all over St. Thomas and St. John. Going to do Santa Maria next!

Date of experience: May 2015
AntillesEcoQuest, Owner at Antilles EcoQuest, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2015

Thank you for adventuring with us! We had a great day being part of your "family". Your son remains the award winner for youngest guest. Definitely ready to go again whenever you are.

Reviewed June 29, 2015

If you're looking for a nature-filled adventure with hiking, snorkeling, and a quiet beach, stop searching now and book with Antilles EcoQuest. I had taken a tour with Julie the past week. Right away, I could tell she was very passionate about her job, and very knowledgeable as well. As we hiked through a trail, she taught me about plants we passed, different animals, and some history lessons. If you're lucky, she'll point you towards a tasty, yet exotic treat! (I won't spoil that part). Neltjeberg beach is absolutely gorgeous. Julie and I were the only people out there, as the beach is more secluded and harder to find. Snorkeling was included, and it was amazing! I would definitely recommend this tour to anyone who loves nature, the beach, fun, or something a little different. Thanks Julie!

Date of experience: June 2015
1  Thank Jake R
AntillesEcoQuest, Owner at Antilles EcoQuest, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2015

Thank you for adventuring with Antilles EcoQuest and writing this amazing review. Yes, the "exotic treat" is a memorable one, love that you kept our future guests in suspense. We hope to see you in the islands again soon.

Reviewed June 26, 2015

Julie took my friends and I on an amazing tour of Neltjeberg. She was absolutely wonderful, knowledgeable, kind, and the best tour guide! Neltjeberg was empty when we arrived and we had the picturesque beach to ourselves. Not only did we have this beautiful beach, but there was also a tropical forest and ruins to explore and photograph. The low hanging palms at the water's edge make for a great photo opp as a memory to put in your scrapbook from the tour. Julie was wonderful, I cannot say enough about her. I highly recommend booking her tour while you are on island. She will customize your day and make it a perfect outing for you and your group!

Date of experience: June 2015
AntillesEcoQuest, Owner at Antilles EcoQuest, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2015

We enjoyed spending our day with you as well. Thank you for the great review and hope you adventure with us again soon!