All reviews village safari rural india authentic village home stay traditional huts opium ceremony henna painting his wife entire family village stay wonderful family authentic experience family life chapati village home beautiful henna no pressure to buy
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

11 of us stayed here during our tour of Rajasthan. One word- Amazing!. For a real insight into life in India I urge you to visit this homestay. You are welcomed as one of the family and that is exactly what it feels like. The rustic huts are perfectly fine with clean bedding and a good bathroom. Make yourself at home and help with making the bread on an open fire!! - experience the lovely home cooking. Our hosts chat away about life in their village and their centuries old tradition of the opium ceremony. See the fantastic dhurrie weaving and the rugs made by local craftsman. You will not forget your stay here!

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I’m so grateful that my friend found this gem! The family is incredibly friendly and welcoming! I throughly enjoyed my stay. I was able to experience dressing up in ladies traditional Rajasthani clothing, take a camel ride through the village, eat traditional meals with the family daily, take walks through the village and a little shopping too. The rooms are clean and the spacious bathroom is western style. My visit to Rajasthan couldn’t have been better! Thank you for your hospitality.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I loved my stay with Chhotaram's family. The traditional huts were beautiful and very clean. There was piping hot water in the shower fuelled by solar panels. The food was healthy and deliciousand we enjoyed joining the family at the kitchen hearth in the evenings. Chhotaram and his family looked after us really well and treated us like family members. They gave us a wonderful demonstration of their dhurrie weaving skills, sadly a rapidly dying art in India. We also enjoyed the tour that Chhotaram's brother Om organized for us. Overall we had a fabulous time and I would like to return. Thank you so much!

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed for 2 nights as a "mature" group of 7 friends and what a great opportunity to experience life in a village if only for a very short time. Our tour arrangements took us away for a whole day of sightseeing in Jodphur meaning we only had a very short time to spend in the homestay and for an evening walk to the temple to watch the sunset. We were made very welcome & comfortable by all the family. Being winter it was quite chilly sitting outside as most of our group could not sit on the floor in the cosy kitchen but a brazier was brought out and we were offered rugs and the sleeping accommodation was warm and comfortable with excellent solar hot water system. Interaction with the family was great and it was fun showing some of the kids our own homes on google earth. It would have been really interesting to have had a whole day here to look around the village more and see some of the arts and crafts. We did get to see and try our hands at the weaving of durry rugs which are so colourful and involve a great deal of work. Thank you for a fascinating stay.

Room tip: all rooms are the same
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed February 17, 2019 via mobile

I am writing this review from Udaipur the day after leaving this fabulous homestay. I am overwhelmed by homesickness and I am worried nothing more in my trip will compare to the experience I had with this amazing family.
You get looked after incredibly well, the food is authentic, tasty and plentiful. They are topping up your plate before you have time to think, and the flavour has you eating more than you thought possible.
The rooms are earthen so they are warm in winter and cool in summer making our winters nights cosy. The bathroom was clean and comfortable.
You have privacy if you want it, otherwise you are welcome to seek out and chat with the family members who are friendly as ever and somehow feel like family of your own. The atmosphere is incredibly relaxed and if you want to keep busy they offer tours into the desert and around the village, which, for a small price are well worth it.
The family has connections all over town and will assist you with transport and anything else you need.
Make it happen.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple