“Unforgettable experience”
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Patnem Beach Goa. Offers Residential Yoga  teacher course.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Astoria, New York
“Unforgettable experience”
Reviewed May 7, 2016 for a stay in March 2016
people found this review helpful

Shiva Shakti School is an honest and beautiful organization, the teachers there are giving, open, patient and persevering. The training is intense in all aspects. There is a lot to learn and not a lot of time (I did the 200hour training) and Chida & Jaggi (our teachers) made sure we understood every aspect that was mentioned. There is a focused, committed atmosphere as well as a light-hearted festive one. It really felt like we belonged to a family.
The accommodations are basic, we stayed in individual bungalows in the middle of the jungle by the river, a rustic feel which I particularly appreciated. The most beautiful beaches of Goa are also right next door. Every day after class I would take a walk on Agonda beach (5minutes away) and absorb everything that was talked about while watching the sun set. A peaceful and harmonious way of living, of learning.
It was a heart-opening experience and I strongly suggest it to anyone who is sincere about going deeper into the practice of Yoga.

Jul 6, 2016
Namaste Thank you for giving us a perfect rating and for recommending our Shiva Shakti Yoga School to other Yoga Students. I'm sure our entire staff enjoyed catering to your needs as much as you enjoyed your stay with Shiva Shakti Yoga. Take care!
ste s
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Idyllic, Spiritual, Paradise”
Reviewed May 6, 2016 for a stay in February 2016
person found this review helpful

The Shiva teachings I practised here, was an incredible and stunning experience.
The immersive study of asanas, pranayama, kriyas, philosophy and meditation to name a few of the course works, has left a deep, spiritual understanding in both my personal life as well as how I look at Yoga as a whole.

For eight years I have practised yoga, only now (having completd this course), do I feel that my comprehension, my concept and my love for the study has reached a level extending to the mind, given me an appreciation of my spirit and the tender connection these have with my body. I now feel the symbiosis between the three.

The instructors and staff are the main reason for this:

Chida - really is a true yogi with depth, character and compassion. His study takes you to a level and focus that I had never experienced before. His consideration for his students is unprecendented. A remarkable man with an easy, relaxed nature. Always smilling and eager to learn new practises from his students, as he teaches and guides you through the various levels of the study.

Beno - brought knowledge, joy and laughter to his philosophy teachings. With wonderful, inquisitve stories and a childlike outlook on life and yoga that you simply don't experience in the western world. I could quite easily sit and listen to him tell stories and recit mantras all night.

Jagi - a calm natured personality, with an abundance of knowledge, with a humble nature. He has a heart of gold, with a deep, intelectual mind and an impassioned awareness toward the study.

Sarah - our assistant teacher, she is a beautiful soul, curious in nature, full of love and elightenment and always on hand to give advice on everything from the assessments, to the market stalls and even how to prep our vegetables (soak in salt water & rinse, then rinse again & again! right Sarah?). She pretty much kept us informed on what to expect & in my case not to worry too much about the tests, as it all comes together with ease. Which was true. To my surprise, by the time the assessments came round, you have been so immersed in it all, that you instinctively know what's what.

Mayur - (always smilling, always happy) he will be your first contact when you first apply for the course and will give you detailed information from: travel, clothing, accommodation, what to bring. Even arranging to pick you up/drop you off, from the airport or train station, assisted by Darmesh (the driver).

Darmesh - will be around for your entire stay and will attend your every need. Drives you wherever you need to go. He took me to the bank on the back of his bike, brought me my giant 10L of water, fixed my mosquito net, pretty much anything that you need, Darmesh & his team will get it for you.

Pratap - Is the owner of the complex and again will go out of his way to make sure everything you need you have. You will often see him wandering around making sure you're happy or that the huts/complex is clean or just to ask how you are. In my case I went travelling around India after the course and Pratap helped me out by storing my giant luggage, so I could travel light.

The kichen ladies are fabulous, excellent fun, great cooks and they were even taking random foods and ingredients from us to make us special requested meals. They will chill-store your foods if needs be. Sitting down for meals was a chance for all the students to chat about the days events and we always had a laugh with the ladies and their children who were always waiting for us & wanting to play hide&seek or high5's. So eating time was a wee social hub, with games and fun with the kids. They made us special treat cakes on our last day as we had a wee party at the canteen area.

You will have your own hut with en-suite shower and toilet, with a comfortable double bed and the huts are cleaned regularly. Now the huts are modest & on the edge of a jungle, with the monkeys visiting every few days. So it's not 5* of course, but more than enough comfort for what I was there for.

Can't thank you all enough guys. I loved my time with you all and I hope to visit again next year. Much love.
Namaste

How easy was key pickup/access to the property? Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Jul 6, 2016
Namaste, I appreciate your positive feedback about Shiva Shakti Yoga School. We do take pride in catering to our students needs the best way we can. If you're travelling to India again soon, don't hesitate to call us.
remmidemm...
Berlin, Germany
“"Authentic training, beautiful experience"”
Reviewed May 5, 2016 for a stay in March 2016
person found this review helpful

I completed the 200hr TTC with ShivaShakti in March 2016 and it was an absolutely beautiful and intense experience. The management not just did a great organizational job, but was sincerely caring always making sure we arrived well and had everything we needed throughout the whole course. The accommodation is quite basic, but one has everything they need – a private hut with a little attached bathroom. And there was the absolutely lovely family, always concerned with our wellbeing, who provided us with tasty food three times a day. The best part for me where the teachers, who touched me in a profound way and left a permanent mark on my path. They are incredibly knowledgable and take their teaching very serious - you can feel it’s them a personal concern to convey the whole philosophy of yoga and make sure you understand everything and take it serious – Chida will make you work hard for it but always with a little smile and Jagi will always have an open ear for your questions and help you with all your little issues – physically and mentally.
Last but not least I want to mention the wonderful people I met in the course. We shared everything like a family and were there for each other with no judgments and great support.
I can definitely recommend this course weather you want to teach or just deepen your own practice. In my course there were absolute beginners and quite advanced yoga students and everybody was respected and supported in the most efficient way.
I will carry this experience and the whole Shivashakti family in my memories and my heart forever, thank you!

Your age range 25-34
Jul 6, 2016
Namaste, Thank you for taking the time to review. I am very pleased to hear that Shiva Shakti Yoga team made your TTc pleasant. Do checkout our Facebook and Twitter pages you might be interested in. Looking forward to seeing you again soon.
Helene K
“Valuable and unforgettable experience”
Reviewed May 5, 2016 for a stay in March 2016
people found this review helpful

Making the decision of going to Shiva Shakti Yoga school was definitely a good one.
The staff do everything to make you feel welcome, and the food was simple but delicious and healthy. The accommodation is basic, but you get used to it very quickly and it's really never a problem.
The location is also wonderful. Agonda beach is a quiet area with not so much happening around, which is beneficial to be able to focus 100% on the yoga course, as it is quite intense.
The yoga teachers are extremely knowledgeable and caring, teaching right from the bottom of their heart. I don't think I've ever learned so much in 25 days before!!
Going to Shiva Shakti Yoga is definitely worth it, as it is a great experience you will carry with you for the rest of your life.

Your age range 25-34
Debzhayz
Brighton and Hove, United Kingdom
“The best Authentic Yoga Teacher Training”
Reviewed April 27, 2016 for a stay in March 2016
person found this review helpful

I arrived at shivashaktiyoga with a little apprehension as there are so many teacher training schools in India, i was wonderfully surprised by the hospitality from the family that hosted this event, plus the organisation by Shivashaktiyoga was 1st class, The accommodation is very basic, with a very comfortable bed and an en suite shower and toilet. The location is amazing right on the river bank with palms shading the cabins, the view from the cabins looks out to the river. The wildlife is prolific and monkeys came to visit on some days, swinging through the trees as we practiced in the shala. The Teacher training is an intensive 25 days with the best teachers in Yoga Asanas, Meditation, Mantras, Philosophy and Anatomy and Physiology. I loved my time at Shivashaktiyoga and would do it all again. Excellent.

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Your age range 50-64
siannesky
Newcastle Emlyn, United Kingdom
“life changing experience”
Reviewed April 21, 2016 for a stay in March 2016
people found this review helpful

My time at Shiva Shakti Yoga school in Agonda exceeded all my expectations...The location on the tranquil river and situated close to the beach was conducive to a studious undertaking and the beauty was truly relaxing. The teachers were everything I could have asked for, knowledgeable, calm, caring and inspirational and their style of teaching was really inclusive and holistic. They really taught from a place of deep personal experience and understanding with a profound love for their subject that translated directly to us as students. Another bonus was the small class size which really made it feel personal and inclusive, targeted at each individual and at their own level of progress and ability. Our class became like a close family unit, full of laughter, tears, caring and sharing. The staff too became close friends and were ever ready to provide for our every want or need. They held the space for us students to really take in the profundity of the yogic teachings and discipline and gave support to each and all as required. I still carry the sunshine in my soul from my time here and would thoroughly recommend this course to anyone, young, old, new to yoga or proffient, there is scope here for all to gain tremendously. So with deep gratitude, I thank Shiva Shakti once again..."shanti shanti shanti!"

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: people
Liked least: mosquitos!
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
36robine
Paris, France
“changed my life”
Reviewed April 21, 2016 for a stay in March 2016
person found this review helpful

I stayed for one month in Agonda with shiva shakti. It was absolutely amazing. The people are so lovely, the food was delicious and it's such a beautiful place in the middle of the nature. It was definitely a life changing experience and I would recomment everyone doing it!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the teachers!
Liked least: not so much free time
Your age range 18-24
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing