Tantra Cafe Restaurant and Huts
  • Free Internet
Dream Residence(Canacona)
Dropadi Inn(Palolem)
Good 3.5/5
All reviewsespresso martinisgreat foodpatnem beachsea foodthese guysprawnshutsinventedgoashackpillowsparadiseseason
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 15, 2011

well the days and nights spent at patnem are a distant memory now only 1 year later wish i was back there hope to be one day. shaan and prashant and raj hope you are all well you cant go wrong if you find this place goo honest people with a friendly vibe viva la mantra!!!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank poopookins
Reviewed May 7, 2010

Very good place! Friendly staff -they sent our postcards even though we forgot to pay them for stamps!
Best beach and lovely huts plus very good food :)

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sarahhr
Reviewed January 25, 2010

A friend of mine recommended Tantra Cafe and I am so glad he did. Off the beaten track and there was nothing in the Lonely Planet about it accept - "Patnem is south of Palolem". So was a real mystery to us. We ended up waking Shaan up at 6.30 in the morning after one of his heavy nights and if it was me I would of been in a bad way - from the first minute he and the rest of his crew were amazing the whole time we were there!
I cannot recommend this place highly enough as mentioned above the rooms are great, secure and have mosquito nets which are essential. The dogs were great and I am missing Titu as I type this. Prashant the Manager is very easy going and will bend over backwards to help you in anyway he can.
The food is fantastic and you will find a lot of the people from around the area eating there. The service is tip-top, atmosphere friendly and the menu diverse.
I want to go back! I miss it so much!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank BrettVincent
Reviewed January 14, 2010

I loved this place - we were recommended it by a friend and we loved every minute. The staff were great - it was hard to say goodbye! Our hut was on the beach and was lovely, and the beach itself (Patnem) was fantastic. the restaurant there served some of the best food we had in India. I'd go back in a second!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Beckanie
Reviewed May 27, 2009

We travelled to Goa independently, looking for a relaxing chilled experience. We got it in bucket loads. Pre paid taxi from Dabolim was about £12.50. The taxi dopped us off at the end of the road to Tantra Beach. We stepped onto the sand into a different world. Paradise. We turned right and walked for all of 30 yards. We met Shaan in the bar and in two minutes we had a lovely beach hut ith fan, mosquito net, safe and attached bathroom,six foot square bed for 600 rupees (£8) a night. Other huts were cheaper but the standard of care here was great and good value. We arrived on 24th April and left on 4th May. All huts are taken down by about 10th May as no concrete structures are allowed- hence, thatched huts and care of the area. Food was great, other huts offered food also and were equally good. A main dish at dinner was about £1. Including accommodation, food all day and drinking to the small hours, we spent on average less than £20 a day. We met really nice, welcoming and interesting friends here who had travelled extensively and freely gave sage advice. Thanks Justin, Hans, John, Birgit and George. Shaan, the manager, and Preshant, the owner, are totally cool and made our stay so memorable-thanks. I was torn in doing this review, I want it to stay quiet but I must 'big them, and the area, up!'. We spent 12 glorious days reading books in the bar, dipping ourselves in the bath hot waters and eating splendid food. Music was very good, never too loud and there were very fe tourists. Thanks Tantra.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple