Well let´s begin this analysis
Location: The place is "near" (u have to cross the road and walk 10 min to get to the beach they it´s only 100mts away) ... the Portezuelo beach is not that breathtaking ..but the sunset is pretty nice. About the location itself it´s far away from anything and to take a taxi to punta u might spend 20 dollars or more. U can also take a bus to Punta..but for that u´re gonna have to wait 30 minutes or something..
Staff : The attention is not good enough and cleaness is really poor. I mean ..the bedrooms are quite clean ..but the common areas are really dirty. Not to mention the barbecue area that seems to not be part of a 5 stars complex.
Besides all of this...when i first checked in they seemed to not know i was about to come... and asked me for a voucher they had never sent (expressing that this was my obligation) and then i should go to the reception with my computer...and send them the emails i've exchanged with the reservation area.....
Bedrooms : This is the funny part...as they kinda didn´t know i was about to come..my bedroom was not ready and they ''upgraded'' us to the best bedroom in the whole complex in the Forest area. Then after 2 days we came back to our poor one.
Yeah..really poor one. U pay 200 dollars to stay in very very bad bedroom in the Royalmar area (of course its not worth it) and the BEST one in the Forest area is not worth 400 dollars a day either...
Wi-fi : Of course a 5 star complex u pay at least 200 dollars to stay should have free wi-fi no? No, they don´t. And then u have 2 options... go to the reception (which is always far away from your bedroom and use the "free'' one in the reception or u can pay really expensive fees to have the access for a few hours...
Breakfast : Ahh pay attention to that. Paying 200 dollars doesn´t mean the breakfast is included ok?! Of course they didn´t mention it. Then i argued with them and they gave free breakfast for us... after some hours of stress.
Well talking about the rest...the complex is nice...it´s beautiful there...with nice swimming pools... tenis court...children attention and activities.......but the staff seem to be poorly trainned and the commercial and reception area doesn´t seem to work together as a team.
I would only recommend this place in one situation :
- Stay in Forest area (and don´t pay 400 dollars a day for it)
- Make them give u free-wifi
- Have a car to take u to Punta del Este or don´t care going there
- U´re with your family and want your children to have fun
- Don´t care a lot about the cleanness of the common areas
- Are willing not to "lose" the swimming pool towel coins ..or u can be charged !!
- Wanna be in touch with the nature
Well if u want to check if i am telling the truth... take a look on the other evaluation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mediterranean Style apartments, surrounded by Forest, offer a wide range of facilities, such as: Tennis courts, Swimming Pool, Gym, Lake, Restaurant, Spa & convention center, as well as 300 apartments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your Solanas Punta del Este reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Solanas Vacation Club Hotel Punta Del Este
- Solanas Vacation Hotel
- Solanas Punta Del Este Uruguay/Punta Ballena