“Bottomless brunch average”

Red Dog South
Ranked #6 of 10 Restaurants in Clapham
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Authentic Kansas City Bar-B-Q!
Reviewed January 24, 2018 via mobile

Came here for the bottomless brunch deal and were attracted by the price 14.5 pp. waiter forgot about some of us so waited an extra 20 mins to get his attention Average food which took nearly an hour as we were a big group and some of us only had around five glasses as we were forgotten about..Even with that reason, were told our time was up when some people has 20 minutes more than us. The whole experience was around £33 with service etc but I can assure you if you do some research there are some top notch bottomless brunch venues withvery attentive staff and prosecco flowing for around the same price.

Reviewed December 11, 2017

My last review was following a menu 'revamp'. Management change resulting in corners being cut. It put me off for a while but i went back and was impressed. Not like it was in the good old days but certainly getting better.

Thanks

1  Thank Alex B
Reviewed November 25, 2017 via mobile

I have been to the one in Soho and loved it and recommend them, but my experience at this one in Clapham was the worst. I asked for pulled brisket and got a slice of meat with a ton of fat the man serving us was very nice (Dave), he got the manager (i have no confidence in the manner) he started out fine, he claims that it's a new recipe and all branches are doing it the same(even though it was only 3weeks ago I went to Soho and it was completely different) he replaced the order for chicken as I requested, that was the dryest chicken I've ever had and offered me some more beans and chips for no extra cost I didn't want any more beans and chips, one off my daughters order a drink the manager got it wrong, one of my other daughters asked for water they never brought it and she had to ask a different staff member.some people was doing a hot wing challenge outside and spitting all over the place (coz it was hot)and the manager never asked them to stop when I asked for a latte 10 minutes later I get told they have run out of milk, then when the rest of my family order desert we got asked do we want tea/coffee (really) we said that we was told that they had no milk and he was oh yeah I forgot I've sent someone to buy more milk, the desert took 20 minutes to turn up and was frozen solid including the biscuit base it was so bad my son-in-law had to use both hands to break a bit off to eat it and it looked frost burnt in places. When the bill turned up I asked the nice waiter (Dave) if the service charge went to just him he said it goes to the branch so I asked can I give him a tip and remove the service charge (this was allowed.
Over all I would never eat there again. I will stick to the Soho branch.

2  Thank Karen L
Reviewed November 24, 2017

I have eaten at this branch of Red Dog a number of times and have always enjoyed it, however, my recent experience was very poor.

We had buffalo wings to start which were good but the waiter got our order for the mains completely wrong and hence a party of four all had our mains served at different times. Our side were also very late and the beans were cold when they came out so had to be sent back.

The brisket was slightly dry and the restaurant was also rather empty. We had thought there would be a decent atmosphere on Thanksgiving Thursday at an American Diner but I think the empty tables reflects where this branch is at.

I would still go to Red Dog but likely to the Hoxton Branch which has always been good. The only other positive was that the waiter realised how poor our meal had been and did not charge for one main.

Reviewed November 22, 2017 via mobile

#MR REALTALK on the hunt again

Review of Red Dog Saloon

I attended the venue on 22/11/17 at around 1900pm. I walked into the restaurant and was greeted by a member of staff and asked how many people after telling the staff member he quickly showed us to our seats and gave us a choice in terms of where we would like to sit as the restaurant was not very busy.

News flash: I did actually like the fact he gave us a choice where we could sit. However as i said before the restaurant was not that busy.

The atmosphere was pretty decent as they had the live football showing at the time which i liked very much. The music in the background felt like it matched the venue.

When sitting at our table he presented us with menu and came back 5minutes later to ask us if we wanted drinks. I ordered a chocolate milkshake and when i got the chocolate milkshake i was impressed by its presentation and gave it a 9/10. However, the milkshake did not taste like chocolate milkshake but tasted more like milk. I reckon somebody was holding back the chocolate. I gave the milkshake a 6/10 for taste.

I ordered a Southern Belle and french fries. When it arrived at the table i was interested to see if the chips had got better from the first time I attended this restaurant and i was surprised that they actually improved and was less over cooked. I thought the chips were standard chips therefore they got a 6/10. The actual portion of chips was definitely a 10/10.

The southern belle burger again was standard and nothing special. The chicken was fried just right and the meat was tender. However i could not really see anything special about it. Therefore i would give it a 7/10.

I felt Red Dog Saloon could be so much better and could actually learn a trick or two from handmade burgers and offer different sauces than the standard ketchup, mustard and watered down bbq sauce and that fake buffalo sauce.

Customer service: 9/10