“Dream home”
Review of Crooklands

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Clapham
Crooklands
Ranked #4 of 5 Clapham B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We arrived in the early evening in late August and were given a very warm welcome with tea and biscuits served within minutes of arriving in a beautiful guest lounge.
It is always a bit of a gamble booking a B & B as photographs can be “selective” but no such worries with Crooklands. We could not believe our eyes or our luck as the cottage is stunning and the views are breathtaking.
We had booked to stay for a week, using Crooklands as a base to tour around the area. It is very well positioned for touring not just the Yorkshire Dales but Cumbria and Lancashire, including Morecambe and the coast too. There was so much to do however that we only had time for the Dales and hope to go back again for the rest. We will not have to search around for another B & B – we will go straight to Crooklands although with the terrific reviews we might be giving away this hidden gem and have trouble booking next time.
Crooklands is just far enough off the beaten track to ensure that your sleep is not disturbed by passers by or traffic. In fact the only sounds we heard during the night were cows, sheep and owls. However Clapham and Ingleton are only a short drive away for the shops and petrol.
The rooms are very comfortable and both have the most wonderful view of the hills and the stunning garden, which John and Diane were happy for us to use. It was lovely to have a glass of wine in this idyllic garden at the end of the day, looking out over the hills.
There was plenty of hot water and the whole house was scrupulously clean and welcoming. Breakfast was very well cooked using local produce, with plenty of alternatives including home made bread, preserves and yoghurt.
Our hosts, John and Diane are such lovely people and could not have been more courteous and helpful. They are very friendly but in no way intrusive and by the end of the week we left feeling we had made new friends and definitely want to return
Marilyn and Robin x

Room Tip: Both rooms have lovely views. One of the rooms can be a twin
1  Thank Marilyn C
There are newer reviews for Crooklands

Reviewed August 27, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights in this idyllic home. Everything was superb. The views were fantastic, the garden was lovely, the room was spotlessly clean and spacious. There was loads of hot water, the bed was very comfortable, the breakfasts were delicious & our hosts Di & John were extremely friendly & helpful. We definitely recommend this excellent b&b.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

The property is situated in a lovely location surrounded by beautiful countryside. On arrival we were greeted with a very warm welcome by John and Diane whom put us at ease instantly with a welcome pot of tea and plate of biscuits which we enjoyed in the comfort of the guest living room. The room we had was very spacious and immaculately clean with an en suite containing a large shower, we only stopped the one night but would have loved it to have been longer, we had an undisturbed quiet stay, and what a GREAT breakfast ! after a day in the dales we returned home and recommended the crooklands to family and friends and will continue to do so.

Thanks once again to John and Diane
from Pat and Dave Love.x

1  Thank pat l
Reviewed July 13, 2012

I stayed at Crooklands Saturday night as I was in Bentham for a school reunion. We shared a twin room. I can safely say that this is the best B&B I have ever stayed in. Infact it was more like being in a cottage. Clean, stylish and very very comfortable. Great views and the breakfast was locally sourced and amazing. If you can imagine having a holiday home on the Dales this is what it would be like. This is not for those who love the city but for those who love an idyllic setting. Its owned by a fantastically charming couple and I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 26, 2012

My husband and I and our two daughters stayed here for one night. Having stayed in 30 plus B and B's in the UK over the years, I will unequivocally say that this was one of the best. Both bedrooms (twin and double) were characterful, spotless, comfortable and spacious with superb views. The silver four star rating is definitely an understatement when compared to a number of four star gold B and B's that we stayed in. The double ensuite is smaller than the twin, but quite manageable. The showers are hot with plenty of pressure. The breakfast was tasty and the host and hostess friendly and helpful (booked us for supper at the Game Cock, which had delicious reasonably priced food). The location was within in several miles of the main road and was idyllic with its lovely garden. I only wish that we could have stayed more than one night.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I stayed at Crooklands this weekend with my teenage son in a twin room. I only discovered it by chance from reading the (then) one review on this website. I cannot recommend this lovely B&B highly enough. The room I had was spotlessly clean and very comfortable, furnished with lovely touches and with a great en suite. There is a varied tea tray in the room, TV with freeview, hairdryer, water bottle and loads of magazines. Also there's a lounge downstairs for the use of the guests and this is where you have your breakfast in the mornings. The owners are really lovely and obviously this is a labour of love for them - I was doing the three peaks challenge on the Sat morning with a 6.15am start and they were quite prepared to give me breakfast at this ungodly time if I had wanted it. The breakfast when I did have it on the second morning is amazing - homemade yoghurt, fruit, honey from the garden and a fabulous full English. Very reasonable rates too.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 15, 2012

Arrived late but warmly welcomed. I also needed an early breakfast which was accommodated without any fuss whatsoever. The breakfast was quite superb and mostly locally sourced. My room was immaculate and the only noise I heard all night was the occasional sheep. Whilst it's a bit of a way out of Clapham given that the vast majority of visitors will be in a car this hardly seems an issue. I used Crooklands as an overnight stay prior to doing the 3 peaks - Horton being about 15 minutes away. The hosts were very friendly without being intrusive - I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Only two rooms to choose from but I cannot imagine the other one to mine being anything other than s...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo