“Great diving knowledge”
Review of Reefteach Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sodwana
Reefteach Lodge
London
“Great diving knowledge”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Took a long drive to the coast at Sodwana as friends had told us about the great diving there. I contacted about 5 scuba companies and was very impressed by the attention to detail from Reefteach (Robyn). As we only had 1 night there it was important to get it right. When we arrived we were shown to a little self-contained apartment which had everything we needed. The scuba dive the following day was very well organised and led by the most professional and passionate dive masters. There is no set dive time so my partner was happily diving for 90 mins and as the reef is only about 18m down I was able to snorkel and see the coral and watch the divers below me in water that was so clear and as warm as a bath! I would recommend this company in a heart beat

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Alyson H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed March 18, 2013

In January, I spent a relaxing, exciting 2-night vacation at Reefteach with my wife, who doesn't dive. We were welcomed hospitably, given a very comfortable room with king-size bed & large tub & shower, & provided with coffee, tea & rusks. We also enjoyed the great 3-course dinners, along with the camaraderie and comparing stories with the other groups staying there. The weather was rainy the first morning but we still had an exciting boat ride and fascinating dive, with lots of great pictures. On dive, we saw huge manta rays, colorful fish & sea slugs & interesting coral. The tarp shelters on the beach with protection from rain/sun worked out well for relaxing between dives & having a place to leave dry clothes, etc. In fact, my wife slept in & I had enough time to go back & get her to return to beach for afternoon.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank NYMark_12
Durban, South Africa
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I spent three nights at Reefteach with my two diving boys as part of a small group who were doing a rebreather course in conjunction with Calypso Dive Adventures Durban. We stayed in a section of the large house that had a few bedrooms off a spacious communal lounge/kitchen. The accommodation was fine for what we were there for, we didn't get to use the very nice kitchen however as we were on a dinner bed breakfast package which was just perfect.

Reefteach have a few communal spaces both indoor and outdoor so they can accommodate a few groups at at time with room for everyone.

While I was doing my rebreather course, my boys were looked after on their dives and then enjoyed Brians' 'underwater naturalist' talks held on two afternoons as part of their Padi certifications. Brian is passionate about Sodwana and the reefs and his dive masters are some of the best I have come across, very professional and knowledgeable.

The set up works really well, breakfast is usually on the beach after the first dive and is SO welcome! Corlia is flexible with the catering to suit the different needs of groups, we spent several hours out at sea to save coming back in between dives one day so toasted sandwiches, scotch eggs and juices were provided. One day of our trip the weather was not with us so we enjoyed a leisurely breakfast undercover on the porch before we started our theory sessions.

Fresh filter coffee and rusks/muffins/banana bread were also provided before heading to the beach for the first dive to tide us over.

The dinners are three generous courses, delicious, and I didn't lose any weight despite all the diving!

Reefteach also have a couple of self catering units with kitchenettes that we stayed in on a previous visit, perfect for two or three people.

I'm looking forward to going back in January for more stunning dives in Sodwana.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank annalagos
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sodwana
Sodwana Bay Lodge
Natural Moments Bush Camp & Diving
Occi Lodge
Occi Lodge
#1 of 1 in Mbazwana

Been to Reefteach Lodge? Share your experiences!