“Misled slightly by the advertisement on groupon”
Review of Cheadle House

Cheadle House
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Cheadle
Reviewed February 24, 2012

I agree with the review below, 'not quite as advertised on groupon'. I came here with 5 of my friends looking for a relaxing break, we booked through the groupon voucher. We stayed on a Saturday night, had a nice meal in the restaurant, breakfast is good as well. The hotel itself is nothing special. The 'health club' isn't in the hotel, its across the road and in the pouring rain (which I know can't be helped) this isn't exactly relaxing. The health club was extremely busy when we went over so we struggled to use some of the facilities, there were also a lot of children running around.There is nothing wrong with this hotel, it was clean, we just felt that we had been misled slightly by the advertisement on groupon, we all left feeling a little disappointed.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank MindyMills
Laura T, Director of Sales at Cheadle House, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2012

Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to add on your comments of your stay here at Cheadle House. I apologise that you felt misled by the Groupon advert, we do provide all the correct details and images of the hotel so guests are fully aware of what facilities we have. I am afraid that the leisure facilities are something out of our control but again apologise that you didnt have a great experience. We hope you will visit Cheadle House again in the near future. Kind Regards

Reviewed February 20, 2012

We stayed here with a groupon voucher which cost abput £68. The pictures shown on the offer looked lovely - the room we stayed in was a throw back from the 80's! Bright yellow and blue curtains and bedding. Bed was incomfortable. Food was ok for evening meal and breakfast was very good - some people had stayed for £19 this is about right for this hotel .

• Stayed: January 2012

Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to add your comments of your stay. I apologise that you did not have a stay that you expcted as per your voucher. Bedrooms in the hotel have been re decorated and we aime to cater for all tastes. We do hope that you will re visit Cheadle house in the near future. Kind Regards

Reviewed February 20, 2012

What a great hotel to stay at.
A large group of us stayed there with children and we all had a fantastic time.
The staff couldn't do enough for you and were really friendly.
The rooms were very comfortable, clean and nicely decorated.
Breakfast was beautiful to.
Would definately recommend.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Toff39
Laura T, Director of Sales at Cheadle House, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2012

Dear Guest, thank you sincerely for taking the time to leave such a positive review, was a delight to read. I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you and your family back to Cheadle House in the very near future.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Myself and my boyfriend booked this hotel on a groupon offer on 11 Feb, included were 2 David Lloyde day passes for the health club nearby, also 2 course evening meal and a glass of wine, and also a full English breakfast.

We both had a wonderful time, we stayed in room 27, free WIFI, large bathroom, room was very large and large bed, very comfey, on a negative note, the room was very drafty and we had the one radiator on 6 but this didn't make much difference.

I found all the staff very helpful, especially Matt on reception.

At the David Lloyde I would highly recomend the outside heated swimming pool, give it a try very exhilarating.

Secure nearby parking, and as disabled parking, a must for me.

Thanks for reading my review.

Room Tip: One that isn't drafty or bring a hot water bottle, I wish I had.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LASTORDERS

Dear Guest, thank you so much for taking the time to leave your comments; a pleasure to read such lovely feedback. I have noted your comments about the draft in your room and will ensure this is rectified. Thank you sincerely once again, I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Cheadle House in the very near future.

Reviewed February 18, 2012

Booked this hotel through Groupon in November and when I have recently tried to book to stay on a Saturday night I have been informed that there are no Friday or Saturday nights available for Groupon customers however it clearly shows that there are rooms available!!!
First impressions not good

Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank diddlyd333

Dear Guest, sincere apologies that you have been unable to confirm or make a reservation on the date requested. This offer was a great success for us and to date have honoured hundreds of bookings. Due to the volume of these vouchers / bookings we do have restricted nights available as we do have other offers on. I am more than happy for you to contact me direct and I will do my utmost to make a reservation for you at a convenient date for you. My aim is to rectify, I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you to Cheadle House in the very near future.

Reviewed February 12, 2012

We booked a groupon offer for a 1night stay at Deveres Cheadle House hotel. As we had never booked a hotel break in this way before we wondered what awaited us. We arrived 2 hours early but the room was ready so we dropped our luggage and took advantage of the free David Lloyd day pass which was included and sited just opposite the hotel. A useful tip, take a small padlock for the use of a locker in the changing room. In the evening we went down to the restaurant for our evening meal (which was included in the price). Very nice 2 course meal with wine but you could have the 3rd course for a small charge. After our meal we were going to TGI's for a drink (just over the road from hotel) but before we got there we spotted a nice pub, very reasonably priced for both meals and drink. On the morning of our departure we had a wonderful breakfast, there was everything you could wish for, and again this was included in the price. Everyone in the hotel were really pleasant and helpful. Just one small problem, our room, a very large room was very cold,even with the radiators on full. I rang reception and they arranged for a small heater to be put in the room. Problem solved. The room was very clean, very spacious and the beds and pillows were so comfy. Really enjoyed our stay, thank you, sue n Mick

Room Tip: Our room was on a corner, 16, and it was a very cold room, albeit one of the coldest nights of the y...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Laura T, Director of Sales at Cheadle House, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2012

It was so lovely to read your comments, I am thrilled that you enjoyed your recent visit to Cheadle House. It is so important to me and my team that all our guests have a memorable and enjoyable stay. We sincerely pride ourselves on our service and offering. I fully appreciate your comments noted about your room being cold, something I will ensure is actioned immediately to ensure no other guest experiences the same. Thank you once again for taking the time to feedback on your stay, I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Cheadle House in the very near future.

Reviewed February 11, 2012

So what do you get for £19 . Amazing value , clean room , quiet and comfy bed. Big TV and tea and coffee. Original room had bath but was up stairs and with cases not a good idea to changed to one with small shower. Fine for night. Good bar snacks and great staff. Found a little snack at the checkin and free good tea and coffee in the lobby. Free overnight parking. Nearby TGI fridays but so glad we did not go there. Had dinner at hotel 3 course £11.95 better value and good food. The service was also very good and I must say I was very suprised at the standard of the food for the money paid. In addition the breakfast for £7.50 was again a bargain and fresh and plentiful. Better than the average airport stay and great if you get a bargain room.
Overall well pleased with my choice and would stay again

Room Tip: If you have cases mention on booking so they do not make you climb the stairs with them!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to feedback on your recent stay with us. I am so pleased you found your stay comfortable, enjoyable and value for money. Here at Cheadle House we pride ourselves on the service we provide, it was so encouraging to read the lovely comments you left about my Team. We have just launched our new menus again your positive comments regarding our food offering was a delight. Thank you again, I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Cheadle House in the very near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cheadle
Village Hotel Manchester Cheadle
The Stanneylands
The Stanneylands
#4 of 5 in Wilmslow
Pymgate Lodge Airport Hotel

Been to Cheadle House? Share your experiences!