“Great breakfast”

Cheadle House
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Cheadle
“Great breakfast”
Reviewed June 19, 2011

Stayed on a living social deal, room very nice and clean with a great shower , food service a bit slow but well worth the wait, nice wine list. Finished off with cocktails and pudding at the tgi Fridays opposite , we found it a great little place for a night away from the kids, bit of shopping nice dinner, we will be back

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank Adamfranklin
, General Manager at Cheadle House, responded to this review, June 23, 2011
Hi AdamFranklin
I am delighted to read your review regarding your stay. I will pass on your kind words to the team, but on the timing of service I will relay through the appropriate managers, to get things speeded up a little bit.
If I can do anything for you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Anna Bushby

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Pontefract
Reviewed June 5, 2011

This is the first time I have felt the need to personally review a hotel. I am a 'difficult to please customer' but can say with honesty that this hotel was a great place to stay, particularly with a £45 a night price tag.
We stayed on Friday night, having been to see Take That at the CIty of Manchester Stadium. We arrived just after noon so the room was not ready (as expected). The lady on reception took our bags and arranged for a taxi whilst we freshened up. She also rang the chef on duty to check our restaurant choices for the afternoon. We arrived back at the hotel close to midnight but the staff were just as friendly as earlier in the day - checking us in and directing us to the bar where the staff on duty made us sandwiches for our supper. We weren't expecting much but they were delicious. We had a perfect nights sleep and excellent breakfast in the morning to set us up for a days shopping in Manchester.
Would definately recommend!!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank PontefractSam
, General Manager at Cheadle House, responded to this review, June 21, 2011
Dear Pontefract Sam
I just wanted to drop you a note back to thank you for your lovely comments.
Our team here are most certainly one of the friendliest & it is lovely when one of our guests take the time to relay this information.
I hear Take That were great that night & you had the best weather out of the run of concerts there as well.
Anyway, we all hope to welcome you back should you be visiting Manchester again.
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 13, 2011

Arrived at the Cheadle House, to jet planes roaring in low overhead every 2 minutes to Manchester Airport. The hotel is in the middle of a business park. The dining facilities are, truthfully, no better than a motorway service station and the food is no better and as expensive. The Premier Inn across the road is cheaper, nicer, better food and a David Lloyd next door. Stay there.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
, General Manager at Cheadle House, responded to this review, June 21, 2011
Dear Guest

I am sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay with us.

We are indeed very close to Manchester Airport, which also has its benefits, so yes the planes are present.

With regards to the dining faciltiies they are indeed need of further soft refurbishment, however our food standards have increased dramatically over the last year of so.

If there is any specific feedback on any particular food items, please pass them on to me & I can investigate them fully.

Again, my apologies that we didn't meet your expectations, but please if there is anything else I can do for you, do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Berkshire
Reviewed April 15, 2011

I'm not sure why this is rated as a two-star property as it's much better than the category would suggest. I agree with one previous reviewer who said it didn't have a lot of character, but then I'm only interested in having a clean room, good service, with a bar and restaurant on hand. Not a place to stay at without your own transport though, as it's too far to walk to the nearest town.

It's not a place you'd want to use to base a holiday around; it's more of a meeting venue with rooms attached. We were worried when we arrived and saw the planes flying directly over the roof about 150 feet altitude, but the soundproofing in the room was excellent and it was barely noticeable (and I'm very fussy when it comes to noise).

A good-size bathroom (with smallish bath) was very clean. The room layout was a little odd, probably due to the peculiar shape of the room; the TV was a long way from the bed, but this is not really a deal-breaker.

Our biggest complaint was that check-out on weekdays is at 9 am, which meant packing, loading the car, checking out, then back in again for breakfast (which runs until 10).

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Cheadle House, responded to this review, April 27, 2011
Dear Guest
Thank you very much for your kind words. It certainly means a lot to myself & my team.
Following on from your feedback, I am having the in bedroom collateral changed, to state that our check out times have now indeed been extended to a much later time.
We do hope to welcome you back again in the future.
GM
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 23, 2011

Lovely comfortable room, very quiet, had a great nights sleep!
Had soup in the restraunt, was really nice, couldn't ask for better service - however it was a bit too quiet, no atmosphere.
Liked that it was quiet and relaxed and there was a good selection of food on offer.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Cheadle House, responded to this review, March 29, 2011
Dear Sophie226
Thank you very much for your kind comments.
I am very pleased you had a relaxing & enjoyable stay with us.
Myself & the team hope to welcome you back here again soon.
Anna
cambridge UK
Reviewed February 10, 2011

Stayed here for one night before travelling from Manchester Airport, paying £60. Checked into the room and headed to TGI's which is within walking distance from the hotel. Upon returning to the room, we discovered it was an accessibility (access) room, we didn't think this would be much of a problem but the low sink/toilet/mirror turned out to be quite an inconvenience.

Late in the evening, we discovered there was no hair dryer, and it took my boyfriend 1 hour to get one from reception - the hotel staff on reception did not speak english.

There was no hotel information in the room, for example to find out what time breakfast was served.

There was however free tea and coffee in the lounge, but no milk for the tea.

Also planes fly direcly over the hotel - very noisy in the early hours of the morning (and I'm a heavy sleeper!)

Overall, I've had better stayed at premier inns for a similar price. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Cheadle House, responded to this review, February 23, 2011
Dear Traveller

Thank you for posting your feedback on Trip Advisor. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us.

I have reviewed your stay & would like to offer some feedback & actions for this.
We do indeed have accessible bedrooms within the property, if these rooms are an issue to any able bodied guests, then if requested a room move can be made.

I apologise that there was not a hairdryer in the room, we have very recently purchased new ones to bring up the stock levels. I am confused however about the comment about the non English speaking member of staff, as we do not have anyone that works here that can not speak English.

We are currently reviewing our in room literature, and therefor I apologise that you did not have this at the time, our F&B teams have also been prompted to triple check on milk levels as well, but I hope you enjoyed the free facilities.

Indeed as you were staying on an airport break, we are close to the airport, so my options are limited at to airplane noise, the flights indeed start in the mornings. But throughout the night there is no disruption to guests.

I hope the actions taken from your feedback, meet your approval & I apologise for the small preventable issues. Please also not that we have Duty manager on 24hours per day that can deal with any issues.

If there is anything I can do for you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards
Staffordshire, UK
Reviewed January 29, 2011

We stayed for 1 night.

Check in was speedy by a friendly & efficient receptionist. We stayed in room 31 which had less aircraft noise than our previous room. The room was spacious & clean with all the usual amenities - even an iron & ironing board in the wardrobe & 2 extra duvets!

A nice suprise was the huge LCD TV in the room ;o)

We had breakfast which was substantial & tasty.

The staff here are attentive & try to help where-ever possible. Kerry went to great lengths to get details on a particular store for me - thank you Kerry ;o)

We enjoyed our stay & will certainly stay again.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Cheadle House, responded to this review, February 23, 2011
Dear Traveller

Thank you very much for your kind words & I have passed your comments on to Kerry. So I am sure that she will be very pleased indeed.

I hope to see you back here again soon

Anna Bushby
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cheadle
Village Hotel Manchester Cheadle
Pymgate Lodge Airport Hotel
The Stanneylands
The Stanneylands
#4 of 5 in Wilmslow

Been to Cheadle House? Share your experiences!