“Fabulous addition to Cheadle”
Review of Indian Tiffin Room

Indian Tiffin Room
Ranked #1 of 91 Restaurants in Cheadle
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Manchester
“Fabulous addition to Cheadle”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

The only drawback to this place is the small size. The food and service are fantastic. The choice of food is so different from regular Indian restaurants, and the staff are more than happy to discuss what we should try. I cant wait to go back. I just hope its a little quieter, as there's no bar to sit at and wait if your table is not ready. I really hope they carry on being successful and can expand to bigger premises without losing the charm and uniqueness.

“yum yum yum”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Really great Indian tapas style food- southern Indian rather than the usual Bengali so lighter and more veggie. Really helpful staff - divine butter chicken

Drinks maybe a bit expensive and main course portions small. The place is very small and busy so book and don't expect anything too intimate. Also got a bit warm!

Stockport UK
“The True Taste of India”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

My husband and I ate here on a Wenesday evening. Luckily we booked in advance as the restaurant was full. The manager said that they had to turn twenty people away who hadn't booked that evening!! The restaurant is small and can only seat about 40 people maximum, so I would recommend booking in advance to avoid disappointment. We had the grazing platter to start which consisted of a taster of bhel puri (puffed rice, potato and pomegranate ), dahi puri (hollow puff pastry balls with potato, yoghurt and chutney), and sev puri (puff pastry balls filled with onion, yoghurt and tamarind chutney). Real authentic Mumbai street food. For mains my husband had the chicken biriyani and I had the vegetable masala with boiled rice. These were both delicious and although possibly small by other Indian restaurants you may have visited, these were just right for us. I was a little disappointed that they didn't have the Thalis on offer that night, although they were listed on the menu. This may have been because they were very busy that night. When we visit again I hope to have one then. The tapas style of South Indian Tiffin dishes such as dosas and Idlys also looked very interesting. If you like beer, they don't have any on draft. On the evening that we visited they only had small bottles of Kingfisher or Cobra on offer which we felt were rather pricey at £3.50 a bottle. Tap water was plentiful though and very welcome to accompany the food and to cool us down on a warm evening. It is also worth noting that they only have one toilet and no bar waiting area, but overall they work wonders in the limited space available. Even on this busy evening with only two serving, we got our food and drinks promptly and the staff were very willing to explain about the food on offer. If you want and authentic Indian meal which is out of the ordinary - book and go and enjoy.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great food, great service”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

been here a couple of times now - had veg food once and a couple of meat dishes the second time around. Both times the food and service have been exceptional!

Rugby, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Gorgeous authentic Indian cuisine!”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

What a lovely restaurant with a great atmosphere and beautiful food. A really interesting menu, fantastic presentation and great flavour. This food really took me back to my time in India and the service was brilliant too. I would recommend this to anyone (even those who don't normally like Indian food) as it is so different from the usual curry house. Wish there was one in the midlands!