“great food, unfortunate power failure!”

Piccolo Italian Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #16 of 91 Restaurants in Cheadle
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Piccolo has been created with the sole purpose of bringing the real taste of Italy in to a small corner of South Manchester with a combination of great food and a delightful venue.Established in Gatley, a small friendly village in Cheadle Cheshire, we chose a beautiful 250 year old disused chapel to create our restaurant with an atmosphere so delightful and warm that our customers regularly comment; "we feel like we are on holiday".We provide our customers with high quality food by using the best ingredients, prepared with love and an unsurpassed passion. Combining a warm ambiance and friendly atmosphere, amazing food served and Live Music on Friday & Saturday nights, dining at Piccolo is a memorable experience for all.
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The food here is very good, I have been a few times over the years and always had good food and wine, but there seemed to be some kind of power failure last week. Unfortunate I know, but the staff managed it as best they could and kept the service going. I think they should be commended for this. They do usually have entertainment on a friday night and the singer there on this night is very good. I know because I have seen her before. But I think the power out must have affected the sound system as there was no background music either. I saw the singer leave just as the power seemed to come back on. It was all a bit hectic but I still would come back again as the food is excellant.

PiccoloRestaurant, Guest Relations Manager at Piccolo Italian Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for Piccolo.
As you mention on the Friday that you visited, there was a power failure at the bar. We had an electrician working hard trying to restore the power at the bar and eventually we had to reroute the power to restore all the electrics at the bar.

I have passed your commendation to all the staff that were on duty that Friday and appreciate your understanding.

We look forward to seeing you all very soon again.

There are newer reviews for Piccolo Italian Restaurant & Bar

Reviewed July 27, 2013

I have been meaning to try this place for a while, especially given the fantastic reviews on this site. Its never a good sign when the staff seem to ignore you as you arrive. Although we had booked our table wasn't laid - just an empty wooden table. It was a very warm evening and they had an air conditioning unit, but it didn't make much difference. The bottled beer was virtually at room temperature, which wasn't helpful either.

Having said that the starters came relatively quickly and were delicious and well cooked. My main course was the wrong pizza and they exchanged it, after they cooked the right one. The right pizza came quickly, probably a little too quickly as it was a bit under done but was fine. My wife totally enjoyed her king prawn risotto.

At the end of the evening, the till broke so they had to hand write the bills and only accept cash. Our bill had a couple of extraneous items which I asked to be removed. There was no entertainment even though it was a Friday (unless it started after 10.00 pm).

So not a great experience all in. I think they may have been understaffed and over booked. And maybe we were just unlucky given the vast majority of good reviews. We will probably give it another try, but not on a warm summer evening.

hello and thank you for taking the time to write a review for Piccolo.
On the Friday that you visited we lost all power at the bar which meant our EPOS system (Automated order system and Till) was out of action creating a certain amount of issues and we changed to manual system so that we can continue to serve all our guests.
In addition Music was off and our Jazz singer had to retire early and leave because all control for the Speakers and Amplifiers are at the bar. Hence no live music or in fact no music at all.

However I was please to read that chef and all the kitchen staff managed to keep sending the good food and maintain their usual high standard and We're happy to know that you'll continue to support Piccolo and that you'll be back.

All the best

Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

Food was lovely and the presentation of it was impressive. The restaurant had lovely decor. I was disappointed that we couldn't get an NHS discount at the managers discretion on an empty Tuesday night just because we didn't ring up and book. With this being our local restaurant, we were expecting a bit more community spirit compared to a big chained company.

hello and thank you for taking the time to write a review.
I'm sorry that on your visit you could not use the NHS discount. As you maybe aware almost all discount offers and coupons come with certain criteria attached to them.
Although I understand your disappointment in our staff not being flexible with this regards at the same time Piccolo's management can not blame them for following instructions.
Please do accept our apology and we look forward to seeing you soon again to enjoy further discounts for our Valued NHS employees.
NHS in the UK is one of the best compared to other countries. You really appreciate the work our nurses, doctors and in fact all NHS employees do when you experience the service in other countries.
Continue the good work.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

We've visited Piccolo's on three occasions now and have always been totally delighted with the quality of food and service, it's without doubt the best restaurant in the Cheadle / Gatley area. The entertainment and atmosphere are also brilliant. Highly recommended.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

We called recently for a family meal,good service good food.The Sunday lunch in particular was both excellent value and tasty.The only slight dissapointment was that the cannelloni was a little dry ( which is wasn`t on a previous visit ) but otherwise all very enjoyable and tasty and this wouldn`t stop us going again.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Piccolo. I've noted your comment with regards to the Cannelloni and have advised chef.

We are so happy you've enjoyed the Sunday lunch. The Family Sunday Lunch was specifically designed for the Family to share a variety of Cut and Cooked meat from one platter and that all adds to the enjoyment of a real family lunch.

We are so pleased you've enjoyed it and are so happy in the knowledge that you and your family will be back.