“Fantastic Value”

Piccolo Italian Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #11 of 94 Restaurants in Cheadle
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Piccolo has been created with the sole purpose of bringing the real taste of Italy in to a small corner of South Manchester with a combination of great food and a delightful venue.Established in Gatley, a small friendly village in Cheadle Cheshire, we chose a beautiful 250 year old disused chapel to create our restaurant with an atmosphere so delightful and warm that our customers regularly comment; "we feel like we are on holiday".We provide our customers with high quality food by using the best ingredients, prepared with love and an unsurpassed passion. Combining a warm ambiance and friendly atmosphere, amazing food served and Live Music on Friday & Saturday nights, dining at Piccolo is a memorable experience for all.
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Have visited this restaurant on 4 occasions now. Have been previously as a couple on a weekend night when they have a singer on and we have really enjoyed the food, service and atmosphere. Went back last night with my family, which includes my baby granddaughter. We were made very welcome and the staff were lovely with her. We had a voucher through Onion ring, which was a 2 for 1 deal, which was fantastic value. The food was delicious as always, you must try the steaks, they are perfectly cooked and served with delicious sauces. If you are on the restaurants email list then Eduardo sends you a witty email from time to time letting you know about upcoming events and offers. So in summary if you are looking for a meal as a couple or with family or friends this place is hard to beat.

PiccoloRestaurant, Guest Relations Manager at Piccolo Italian Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2013

When I read your feedback, it's like reading about a family restaurant in Italy and that's exactly what we set out to create.
During the day and early evening a family atmosphere with children made welcome and the parents, grandparents and the family encouraged to relax and enjoy the experience of sharing food with the family.
Thank you for such a lovely feedback, but never forget, without you and your family Piccolo would not be the same. It is you and families like yours that have made Piccolo what it is today and we would never forget that.
See you very soon again
Ciao
Edoardo

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Top prices for an average meal in a very noisy room. The waiters and manager seemed to be unable to control a few teenagers who were very badly behaved. Shame! !!

2  Thank j1m2
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Booked over the telephone for a 2pm meal and didn't realise that they were running a set menu or that there were 3 sittings at 12, 2 and 4pm. When we arrived, sat down and found out we thought we'd boobed, especially as the place was packed. But what a pleasant surprise.

A soup with warm bread brought to the table in a tureen for us to serve ourselves. Followed by spaghetti and meatballs served in a similar fashion. This was followed by a platter for the main course consisting of jacket potatoes and veg plus skewers of finely cuts steaks, spare ribs and 1/2 a chicken between the 3 of us. All carve and serve yourself. This pre-preparation and self serviceat your table meant that the staff and kitchen coped admirably with a packed house and I understand that it was the same for all 3 sittings - a great idea and most successful. This set meal was a very fair £12.95 too, most impressive. Sweets and coffee were served at the usual prices if you wanted them. Our total bill for three came to £56, excellent value for money.

I understand from Piccolo's Facebook page that Sunday was such a success that they're planning to make that their usual Sunday set option during the day.

Having dined there several times before I can also vouch for their excellent menu and food on any other evening. I really enjoy their steaks, and my wife the scallops and pasta dishes. It's great to have such a place in Gatley village where the locals can walk to for an evening meal. Keep it up!

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Read the reviews and decided to try it - I wasn't disappointed in any way, far from it. In summary, it lives up to the positive feedback previously provided.

Piccolo is a very well run restaurant by anyone's standards. We were warmly greeted & seated quickly with no 'pressure' to place an order. The menu is extensive and very reasonably priced. Food quality and service was excellent on the day.

I work in the food business (professional chocolatier) & can easily spot flaws with the quality of food, portion size, pricing, service etc...this is definitely a restaurant to consider!

Professional respect to the management & chefs at Piccolo. I look forward to eating at Piccolo's again. Many thanks.

1  Thank Carl T
PiccoloRestaurant, Guest Relations Manager at Piccolo Italian Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Such high praise and from a fellow professional.
Thank you for taking the time and encouraging others to read the rest of the reviews.
I've passed a copy of your comments to Chef and all the staff because we all need such words of encouragement.
Thank you again and we all hope to see you soon again.
Ciao
Edoardo

Reviewed March 8, 2013

This is a great little restaurant and believe me I am hard to please.My wife and I have eaten here a number of times and I cannot complain.
The food is excellent (perhaps could improve the sweet menu?)
When the singers are on,it adds to the occasion and makes it a point of difference.
If Edwardo is on the premises, always says hello and has a chat.
The staff are nice.
Listening to people complain about the noise.....I can think of many other restaurants where it is difficult to speak and have a conversation.
I have been with my wife, my kids, friends and all enjoyed the place.
In my opinion this is a "l Little Gem"
If you have not tried it......do so
We travel from Romiley and wish we had a restaurant as good in the Romiley/Marple area.