“First Class”

Ranked #12 of 93 Restaurants in Cheadle
Cuisines: British
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Red Lion is a comfortable pub on the main road between Stockport and Cheadle.Winner of Stockport's 'What's On Guide' pub of the month award August 2012
Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

My self and my finance dined here on mon 2nd starters pate and cheese garlic bread were very very good the star of the show were the fish and chips amazing my finance had the pie of the day amazing the service was first class a massive thank you to the chef and bar staff very welcoming can not fault in any way

1  Thank Jackjag666

Reviewed November 25, 2013

I ate at this pub on a date back in March,

Parking seemed awkward at first but I had been forewarned of this. However, upon mentioning this to the owner, he promptly moved his van and allowed me a decent space,

The food was top quality. I had read good reviews on here before eating but it was one of the best fish and chips I have had (and I was brought up near the sea). Apparently the fish and chips are very well reputed in the area!

The atmosphere may be a little dull as music is not played in this pub, however this makes it an ideal venue for a date or a family get-together. This wasn't a criticism for me on this occasion since it was one of the two aforementioned reasons!

Sadly the date never progressed but I retain fond memories of this lovely pub just outside the M60. Keep up the good food and service guys!

1  Thank robbo1000
Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

Came up for a meal to meet up with my brothers family, had superb food and service. Staff very attentive and the Robinsons beer was a bonus too.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

We chose standard fare for our lunch because this is our taste and it was very much to our liking. The homecooked food arrived with perfect timing, was well presented and piping hot. Service was delightful and friendly at just the right price. Would thoroughly recommend.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

We went here on Saturday evening as a direct result of seeing the favourable reviews on TA. We weren't disappointed. The staff were very welcoming and attentive. The menu was varied and several meals looked very attractive. Eventuall we both fancied the battered fish and found it excellent - with real chips !
We will certainly go back