“Good hotel, Value for Money”

Village Hotel Manchester Cheadle
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Cheadle
scotland
“Good hotel, Value for Money”
Reviewed April 15, 2009

We booked with village hotels direct on the internet and found this had the best deals. ON arrival reception staff were friendly and provided all the info we needed for our stay. Room was good. Family room (as we went with a 5 year old and a 1 year old) was spacious and practical.

Swimming pool had family changing rooms and was clean. Limited swimming times for children apply.

Breakfast was good and had a nice meal in the restaurant on our second night.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
Essex
Reviewed March 22, 2009

If I hadn't seen all the marketing and somebody said stop at this place, its cheap and chearful... they may have got away with it.... just... maybe dodgy on the cheerful. Check-in was friendly - big queues and only one person on duty. Restaurant was closed (Mother's Day Evening!!!). Nothing stylish, vibe - what vibe!, energy and attitude... gone home! Mouth watering food... my chicken caeser salad could have done with some water - it was dry as a bone. I really can't find anything which puts this place any higher than basic basic. Spend your money elsewhere and give somewhere that is really making a effort the chance to please you. Ironing board a health and safety issue!!!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Cheadle hotels

Stockport, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 9, 2008

I was staying at the hotel in connection with attending a training course in Didsbury. At first sight the hotel looked to be exactly what I expected. The staff at the reception was reasonably friendly and efficient, and the room was OK even though it was a little bit faded.

The first night we went for a few drinks and a meal in the pub. The food took a while to arrive, but when it did it was pretty good as far as pub food is concerned.

And I had a good sleep the first night also. But that is when things started to turn bad. We were woken up in the morning by planes coming in low over the hotel. My wife, who was staying with me, was preparing for some important exams and stayed in the room all day studying. At about 9am the whole room started to resonate to the beat from the aerobics class being held in the fitness club on the level below us. This went on for about three hours.

When I got back to the hotel in the evening the room was quiet, but at about 18:30 the music started again. I called down to the reception to demand a quieter room but was told that there was nothing available until the following afternoon. At first I accepted this, but when the music was turned up another notch I had had enough and went down to the reception to speak with the manager.

I was surprised to find that he didn't know where room 117 was, so I offered to take him there so he could hear it for himself. He seemed to be genuinely shocked at the noise level inside the room and promised to do what he could. About 10 minutes later he came back to tell us that we could move to another room in the new wing of the hotel.

This room (no. 304) was far better than our original room. It was quiet, and the furniture and bathroom was also slightly better. In this new room we had no trouble with noise from the planes passing overhead on their way to Manchester Airport, and neither was there any other noise.

On the following day my wife and I decided to take lunch at the hotel. We were surprised to find that the restaurant was closed and that food was only served in the pub. Again the food was fine, but the pub was surprisingly busy at lunchtime and it took an awful long time for our food to be served. In fact I twice went to ask if it was ready, only to be rudely dismissed on each occasion. I eventually demanded that the brought out the food as it was as we had no more time to wait. Surprisingly enough the food was actually ready, and may even have been standing for a few minutes waiting to be brought out to us despite us having told them we were pushed for time.

On our last night in the hotel we had a meal in the restaurant with some friends. The food was fine and reasonably priced. However, the service was a bit hit and miss. After we sat down at the table it took the waitress about 20 minutes to come over and ask us what we wanted despite us trying to attract her attention on several occasions before that. And with only one other table in use it wasn't because they were busy either. Drinks orders were taken a few times without any drinks appearing at all.

However, despite all that the hotel wasn't too bad. It was conveniently located for us and I would probably stay again. But I would definitely make sure I do not stay on the floor immediately above the fitness club!

• Liked — Convenient location
  • Disliked — Some rooms are noisy
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 24, 2008

I booked this hotel for one of our clients without a worry as I have used Village Hotels in the past. However, when our client turned up he was told that the hotel works on a first come, first served basis, that his room had been given to someone else and that they purposely overbook expecting some guests not to show. The hotel then put our client in a hotel down the road that closely resembled a bedsit. I made the booking by phone and I was NOT told about this so called “policy”! Please be warned!!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
Halesowen, England
Reviewed October 14, 2008

This was an overnight stay with parking for a Florida holiday. The price was good (£105) and our expectations were based around the price. I stay in a lot of hotels and price v quality is not always matched.

Reception/check-in - friendly and efficient, our booking was there and our room ready.
The room - slightly small (but not a problem given we were only staying one night). It was quiet - no disco noise, despite a wedding party.
The bar - prices were not bad for hotel (£2.90 for a pint of Coors).
The restaurant - excellent - what can I say - we had the early bird deal - £8.99 for 3 courses (this is unusual for hotels) - starters - salads - perfect - not ice cold lettuce, no wilted leaves - a great start. Mains - flatbread pizzas - highly recommended - unusual, plenty of ingredients and well presented. Dessert - sticky toffee pudding - again excellent, tasty, fluffy sponge, best toffee sauce I have tasted. Wine - a Rioja (£16.25) - nicely chosen example by the wine buyer - well worth the cost.
We will be using this hotel again if flying from Manchester.
Remember - you get what you pay for generally - we did and more besides.

• Liked — Restaurant, location close to airport
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
East Yorkshire
Reviewed June 3, 2008

Stayed one night at the Village Hotel in Cheadle. Although it was a Saturday night and the hotel was very busy with a wedding party, we had a very good nights sleep. The room decor was modern and had a large comfortable bed. It was very clean and the room temperature was just right and overall it was quiet although there was some aircraft noise in the morning. The only disadvantage is that the hotel is over a mile from the nearest rail station in Cheadle Hulme to travel into central Manchester.

• Liked — the room
  • Disliked — distance from rail station
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Wiltshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 3, 2008

First impressions were good, easy to find, helpful receptionist (thanks to Clare for lending me your sewing kit!) and good car park.

Room very well appointed and very clean, nice modern fittings and comfortable bed. Excellent bathroom with some decent shower gel and soap. Free wifi in all the rooms.

However, things went downhill a bit with the restaurant. Food is actually very good and reasonably priced but the service is sporadic to say the least. Ignored for long periods, then continually asked for drinks orders which didn't arrive, and finally a bill that wasn't right. I saw other people going to the service desk to order drinks which I would have thought was the prime objective of the waiting staff - to increase the sales. Anyway, not too much of a problem really, but it took the edge off things. It really just needs a bit of organising and it would be fine.

Overall, I'd stay again as there was a nice atmosphere and it fits my needs.

Stayed June 2008
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cheadle
Cheadle House
Village Hotel Manchester Hyde
Didsbury House
Didsbury House
#5 of 117 in Manchester

Been to Village Hotel Manchester Cheadle? Share your experiences!