“football hooligans”

Village Hotel Manchester Cheadle
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Cheadle
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Do go there if theres a big football match on-you wont get served even though your a hotel guest. They would rather have a load of football hooligans nursing a pint all night. They reserve table for outsiders as well so you have no chance. Go elsewhere. BTW I have stayed more than once so I know this isnt a one off!

1  Thank PrinceLard
Write a ReviewReviews (2,382)

Reviewed April 3, 2014

I stayed here recently on business. Good location, convenient for meeting the following day. Really good dinner in the Chop restaurant, one of the best steaks I've eaten. However, my room was WAY too hot, to the point of waking up groggy and uncomfortable the following morning. Not really able to open the window, due to being in the flight path of Manchester Airport.

Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

Stayed two nights Friday and Saturday March 28-29.Room was really spacious and comfy..The gym and pool are great for kids and adults alike.We were there celebrating the my wifes 40th birthday. We went to the disco diva night which was really good.Tip...get your drinks from the public v bar rather than the function room bar, more expensive for some strange reason. All in all had a weekend to remember thanks...

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed April 1, 2014

A word of warning, do not stay at the Cheedle De Vere Village group hotel if paying for oneself, All of the outside area's of this establishment need attention from the almost postage stamp sized mud patch that serves as an outside drinking eating area to the filthy conservatory roofing and the oversized car park The room I am currently in is at a tarriff of £170 per night!!! it just plain and simple is NOT worth it, no separate residents only bar, only a general public bar currently showing some sort of minor football game, no decent ale or bar staff who care, after an OK meal asked for a pint of Boddintons, it ran out whilst a third of the way up the glass, the guy serving me changed the barrell and gave me a disgusted look when I said that I rather he poured it fresh rather than filling up what was left as I did not want to be drinkning the dregs, this of course made no difference as he had not bothered, or, more to the point cared to pour off a decent amount prior to serving anyone. All of the staff bar one tonight have thus far been overly matter of fact rather than welcoming. The room itself is clean and thats where the good news ends,one is rationed with just two sachets of either coffe, de caff coffee or tea, the TV has not even got freeview, just 5 terrestial channels with a couple of extra of dubious orrigin. all with bad reception despite the Phillips screen proudly displaying that its an HD machine! ....ah there goes the dulcet sound of yet another aircraft taking off, oh did I not mention that this place is located under what must be almost the threashold of Manchester Airport with inadiquate soudproofing, I just do not understand how this place is still in buisness at these prices, thank god its the company paying and not me......Oh finally am I right in thinking that one Alex Politzi is part of the De Vere dynasty, if she is this place is well overdue some secret customers. If one can avoid this place do, incidentally the nearby Premier Inn shows this place the way it should be done, warm freindly welcoming and not over pretentious.

1  Thank Mark C
Reviewed March 30, 2014

I stayed at a Village hotel a few months ago and was very disappointed. I tried this hotel as it looked a little better. Wish again that I had stayed with the premier inn. The check in was ok, fast and smooth. But when I asked for a quiet room the receptionist looked perplexed and said I could upgrade to the Upper Deck rooms ( total rip off) for an extra £20 per night. I said so if I want a quiet room I have to pay for it??? Blank face!!! I asked where my room was and she said oh that way behind the bar, I said well that's going to be noisy, is it actually behind the bar! Again a blank look? Had she ever been out from behind the reception?.. Anyway, the room was actually miles from the bar and apart from noise from planes was quiet. However, this is where the midrange hotel that the Village pitch at turns out to be a con! So room good size, iron etc. but cobwebs everywhere! Also the pillowcases were questionable and the undersheet too small for the bed. Now I don't mind if the quilt has seen better days- this was yellow, but I'd rather not know! The cover was adrift and you could see the grubby quilt. The bog roll was the cheapest paper ever and not worthy of £125 per night! Really? Come on The Village this is not a budget hotel, also being very picky here, but have a look at the tv channels the Premier inn offer!! I found max of six here, so no sky tv at all just your basic one - five plus radio. Breakfast, awful don't bother with it, and by some twist they had booked me for breakfast morning one but not two which was embarrassing to be turned away. Won't be going back to a Village hotel again.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

Booked a 2 night stay with dinner reservation through Groupon in February. Received a call yesterday to say the hotel have cancelled my reservation as they decided to accept an extension to a booking of a larger group! No apology just "it's out of my hands" from the lady who called. I requested a change to a different hotel and was offered Warrington or Bury - both of which are far too far away considering we were travelling from Newcastle. Was advised to contact Groupon and try to get my money back.

This was planned as a treat for my mum for her birthday so she could use the spa facilities. I'm disgusted that a hotel would cancel, with no apology, and admit that it was for the benefit of another party. I can only guess they view guests through Groupon as inferior!

Will never use this hotel again

Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I booked this as a groupon deal as I see many others do, and we stayed for one night on a Saturday. Overall, the hotel was very busy with lots of guests and hustle and bustle, reception was full of people but this wasnt necessarily a problem - we were seen to quickly. We went up to our room which was room 230. We were please with the room and the bathroom - it was clean and well made up. Reading other reviews does make me laugh some times, as when we stay at a hotel, the last thing I do is inspect the skirting boards and grout in the bathroom! Maybe I just don't have very high standards, but in my opinion and in our experience, the hotel is a contemporary, modern, busy place and what else should one expect from a hotel near to an huge international airport!

Other reviews we read talked about the hotel being beneath the flight path of landing planes. We could hear the planes coming in, but this did not by any means ruin our experience here. In fact, I awoke in the morning having slept soundly all night! It was probably the best nights sleep I'd had in a long time.

We ate in the restaurant and every course we had was delicious - I strongly reccommend the steak! It was by far one of the best steaks I have ever had!

The one and only 'complaint' I would have is that when we went down for breakfast, a large group of young people had eaten breakfast before us, and when we were seated, there was a tray on a stand full of dirty dishes right next to our table. Although many members of staff walked past us, nobody thought to clear it away. I don't even know why they sat us there in the first place as it wasn't as if there were no other tables!

Other than that, we had a lovely time here, and our room was great! :)

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cheadle
Cheadle House
Village Hotel Manchester Ashton
#1 of 3 in Ashton-under-Lyne
Village Hotel Manchester Bury
Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel

Been to Village Hotel Manchester Cheadle? Share your experiences!