Village Hotel Manchester Cheadle
$139
Cheadle House(Cheadle)
$70
$66
Waterside Hotel & Leisure Club(Manchester)(Great Value!)
$79
$107
Travelocity
Travelodge
2,601 results
All reviewsdyson fanclub roomleisure facilitiesthe upper decksky tvleisure clubcoffee machinegreat facilitiessteam roomlovely hotelclose to the airportan upgradeenjoyable stayone night staygood nights sleepcomfy bedgym
Reviewed February 12, 2014

This hotel is nice enough - a bit nondescript and soulless, but clean and friendly. The location was great for Manchester Airport, the bar area was very nice, gym facilities were excellent. The only gripe I have is that the food was pretty awful in the restaurant, but in a hotel chain this is usually the case and I only ate there because it was convenient. The hotel itself was fine.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 9, 2014

If there was a "good" rating I would have chosen that as "very good" is perhaps a little too generous but "average" felt too mean given some outstanding aspects (quality of the breakfast and reception staff).
We stayed here on a Saturday night in February. The best thing about the hotel was the really lovely lady on reception who efficiently checked us in, booked us a taxi, checked us out the next morning and asked if we'd had a nice evening (even remembering where we'd gone!). The room was pleasant and comfortable - could do with a lick of paint in places, the bathroom looked a little tired (but was clean) and the handsoap dispenser wasn' wonderful. Tea and coffee facilities were fine (though biscuits would have been nice). The bed was comfy and the TV was a good size (we don't have a TV at home so watcing a bit of the Winter Olympics while getting ready to go out was a nice treat!). The breakfast staff weren't as friendly as reception but were efficient and helpful. The breakfast itself was nicely presented and of good quality. There is a pub/bar on site which is expensive but seemed to have a nice atmosphere (we only had drinks in there - can't fault the Pedigree!).
We paid £80 including breakfast and it certainly wasn't worth more than that but we were very happy with our experience and would stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 9, 2014

We got an upper deck room at a significant discount. Our stay was value for money at the price we paid but that would not have been the case if we paid full price. The rooms are fine for a short stay, not great but ok. They are very dark and small.
Breakfast itself was excellent but the service was apalling. Guests were having to wait up to 30 mins for a table despite many being free. The staff just weren't able to clear dirty tables and get people seated quick enough. There seemed to be a severe lack of leadership. No cutlery on the tables, no offer of tea and coffee, plates not cleared.
The bar is nice and the service was good.
We will probably stay again because the location is good for us but will look for a discounted rate. This place isn't trying to be a 5 star upmarket hotel, once you accept that you can just go with the flow and enjoy it for what it is.

Room Tip: Away from the function room.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I live in Boston, USA and work for a Manchester based company, so I am at Village hotel for a week every 2-3 months and know the place inside-out. I keep on going back, so it must be pretty good! So here is the good, the bad and the ugly:
The Good: Very friendly and helpful staff. Very little turnover during the six years I have been going there, so we know each other by name. It's like my home away from home. The hotel has a well equipped health club with exercise machines, a weight room and a huge indoor pool. It serves the community as a health club, so it is not your usual token health club like the ones you find in the Hiltons and other high end business hotels. It has a fun sports bar where the locals join the guests in spirited evenings of following Manchester United and Manchester City games over some great pub food and beers, a fun place to hang out for the weary business traveler. If you need something more formal, they have a good restaurant with an excellent grill.

The Bad: The rooms are small and dark. Most of them have been remodeled but the choice of colors makes them even darker. Some rooms face the back and the kitchen fans and are very noisy - avoid those. The best rooms are the ones they call family rooms. They are numbers 300 and above and are located in the new wing of the hotel. Don't pay for an upgrade to what they call an Upperdeck Room - not worth it.
The Ugly: Very poor maintenance. Virtually every time I stayed there something was wrong with my room. The glasses dirty, a light not working, shampoo dispenser empty. Except when you stay in an Upperdeck room you don't get the high quality toiletries you expect from a hotel you pay that kind of money for: shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, mouth wash, facial tissues - all you get is a shower gel dispenser and a soap dispenser and if you want to blow your nose you need to use their flimsy and rough toilet paper. And the really ugly: Rarely did I get a room where there were no traces of black mold somewhere around the bath tub.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing back over kitchen. Choose a family room number 300 or above, more spacious and quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Firstly I'll start by admitting that my stay was over a December weekend with Christmas parties dominating the attention, but I was unimpressed with the hotel, with the exception of a fantastic gym and spa facilities provided (one of the largest I've ever seen).

Service was distracted and unhelpful though. Example: I arrive at 8.30pm and am told that the gym is open to 10pm but the bar only to 9.15 because the restaurant was booked for a Christmas party, so I couldn't use the gym and had to rush to have dinner.

In the weekend mornings, breakfast wasn't served until 8am but I had to leave the hotel at 7.45. A continental breakfast was offered to my room, but I needed something more hearty so had to go elsewhere.

And when I queried about getting room service on one night, none of the staff could advise what the service charge was and would not serve drinks to the room (my tray was also not collected from the corridor even after I checked out at 7.45 the next morning).

In short - the facilities were OK, but the service was poor, limited and frustrating.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo