“Owner has up and left.... Wowcher...!”

Himalayan Salt Cave
Ranked #5 of 7 things to do in Cheadle
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We arrived today having telephoned to book two weeks ago. There was a builder there and the manager who manages the whole row of shops. The woman who ran this business has up and left... taking everything including the airconditioning unit. However, people have purchsed yearly subscriptions in advance and not to mention all the vouchers that have been knocking around. So I guess we know what her plan was. She didn't manage to take any of the Himalyan Salt with her and there is loads of it. The builders job is to dismantle it and tip it..! Me and my 3 friends took a massive block each! Such a shame as the sessions here were amazing and I haven't seen anything like it anywhere else.

I suggest if you have already bought vouchers from KGB/Groupon/Wowcher you need to get your money back!

8  Thank Kimbo75

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Don't go as it was closed when we went even though we had booked. We tried ringing but no answer. The shops near by didn't know anything either.

8  Thank Sunshine247_13
Reviewed April 30, 2013

A lovely place to chill out and relax.
Just looks like a normal cafe outside but once inside then through the door of the cave we were pleasantly surprised.
A lovely relaxing atmosphere, the lights and music were very calming. It can get a little cold but they do provide blankets.
The food after was lovely, we had a lovely hot chocolate with cream & marshmallows and a very tasty chicken caesar wrap.
The lady behind the counter was lovely, very polite, helpful and friendly.
Thank you for a lovely experience.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Not sure if I would pay full price for this but bought from a deal site with the lunch option and definitely worth the money. Odd location, bit was pleasantly surprised by the café area and the cave. Alot of the cave is synthetic and made to look like salt, I can't comment on the health benefits as I didn't feel any different when I left, however for relaxation purposes it was amazing! I need one in my home!
Going back in 2 weeks!!!!

Reviewed March 28, 2013

I went with a friend and we had a panini and a hot drink each. Tasty simple food. Great service. We were asked to put covers over our shoes as the cave fllor is covered in salt and were shown into the salt room at the back of the coffee shop.
It was lovely - resembled the 'cave' theme with mood lighting and relaxing music. The temperature is naturally cooler so blankets are provided to keep snug. There is a lovely waterfall inside aswel to help to to sit back and chill out on the reclining chairs.
Afterwards my lungs generally felt easier to breathe into and sort of cleansed (it is supposed ot be great for asthma) and my skin felt different - smooth and cleansed.

I would definately return and my friend is going to bring her son as they have a little area if children go and under 4s are free. My friend also bought some Himalayan rock to use in the bath at home which we quite cheap.

Definately recommend if you have a groupon/livingsocial/wowcher deal. Lovely few hours away from home!

3  Thank SophSophSoph