“One of my favorite restaurants”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Seven Spices - CLOSED

Seven Spices
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Thai
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Prestbury, United Kingdom
“One of my favorite restaurants”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

If you are looking for standard Vindaloo/Madras and Naans the size of a small child, then this place isn't for you. If you are looking for traditional Indian (not Bangladeshi) cuisine using top quality ingredients and subtle spicing then this place is one of the best. I always find the staff to be friendly and informative without being over the top. Our party of five were well looked after, outstanding dishes included the Goan fish curry, the fish Tikka Haryali and the Hyderbadi Lamb Biryani, being one of the best I've ever tasted. A great selection of vegetarian dishes are also on offer, we had the daal makhani...seriousuly good lentils. Lastly, the breads are absolutely superb...we had the naan, and the parantha, which was outstanding. I wish you guys would come and take over the saffron in Prestbury....I would be there every night!

• Visited June 2013

Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Excellent food - great vegetarian selection”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

Whilst it is slightly more expensive than many of the other Indian restaurants in the area, the quality of the food is superb. I would describe the food as leaning more toward proper Indian cuisine rather than food for the British taste.

There is an excellent availability of vegetarian dishes - plenty of tasty paneer dishes. I have tried several dishes from the menu and they are all delicious. Service is always very good - polite and attentive.

• Visited May 2013
Stockport, United Kingdom
“Excellent food 2 for 1 offer Sun-Thurs 5.30 till 7pm”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

Had a nice meal here. Staff very friendly and helpful. Did the early diner offer which is buy one starter and main and receive one starter and main free. Salmon starter was excellent as was the lamb mains we had. Not your usual fair of madras, vindaloo etc. House wine is £15 a bottle which is a little expensive but to me that's not far off the norm for a restaurant, remember your not in a Wetherspoons. With rice, garlic nan,chips and the wine our bill was £42 which i thought was ok.

• Visited May 2013
Cheshire
“Pleasant staff, decent quality food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

We were invited to this restaurant by friends and I was open minded having read a mixed bag of reviews.
I have to say we were made very welcome as soon as we walked through the door and the barman chatted to us as we enjoyed a drink at the bar.
We arrived just after 6pm and our friends had a 2 for 1 voucher which made a big difference to the bill. There was only a couple of other tables occupied and I can’t help but feel this deadened the atmosphere somewhat.
All in all we had a pleasant evening with good food and friendly staff. I would return to Seven Spices, maybe on a Friday or Saturday when I believe it is a bit livelier.

• Visited April 2013
Buckingham, United Kingdom
“Why did I bother?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

On a business trip so dining alone - Felt uncomfortable asking for a table - so so food and not very big portions - all a bit boring. Having spend time and money there the owner/staff didn't have the good grace to wish me goodnight - thought it was because I wasn't Indian but there is a comment elsewhere from an Indian gentleman wondering if he got the same treatment because he is Indian. Presume it's the owner in the suit? - needs some basic instruction in good manners and customer service e.g. saying thank you and cracking a smile - won't be spending my hard earned dosh there again - should have looked on here first!
No side dishes so if you are on your own you can't have 'bits' to accompany your main dish unless you want to try two main courses - but that would be greedy!.

• Visited April 2013