“Excellent food, welcoming staff”

Turquoise Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #5 of 91 Restaurants in Cheadle
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Excellent food, welcoming staff”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We took advantage of the two course offer for £11.95 there was a good range of choices on the set menu and my companion and I opted for a cold selection and a hot selection. The waiter anticipated that we were going to share the starters and brought two extra plates to facilitate that without being asked. Both were ample dishes, beautifully presented and tasted delicious. For main course we opted for lamb kofte and a lamb kulbasti both beautifully presented and tasted delicious. Waiting staff had the right balance between attentiveness without getting in the way. The only criticism was that the restaurant was very quiet and so lacked atmosphere but it was early on a Tuesday evening. I now plan to come with a big group as I think it would be a great venue.

• Visited May 2014

Manchester
“Great food, but....£2 charge for a SODA water!!!”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

My boyfriend and I went for a midweek evening treat, having been before for a larger family meal.

When we arrived there was an offer on for 2 course meal (smaller set menu) for £11.95 which we thought was excellent value.

I had the hot mix starter and donor kebab, and my boyfriend had chicken wings and the Turquoise lamb. The food was wonderful and tasty, and arrived very quickly.

Considering it was a Wednesday night, the restaurant soon filled up, but the downfall of this was the there was only two wait staff on, which meant we waited an age for the bill to arrive, and then another 15 minutes to actually pay the bill!!

I was actually shocked when I saw the bill when I realised that they charged £2 for soda water!! So much so, I even questioned it with the waitress, and she told me that was correct!!! Obviously I drank it so I paid it, but having worked in a bar for many years, and knowing soda water is free when off a post mix, I was very shocked to see a charge for it!!

My major issue with the restaurant however, (hence the 3/5 rating), is the quite blasé attitude you get when you arrive. You aren't greeted in the warmest way, unless you are known to the staff and you don't get shown to a table, you get one pointed out to you. Oh, and the guy serving has all the personality and charisma of a lemon having been sucked dry. A smile wouldn't have gone amiss.

All in all, food is fantastic, but everything else needs bringing up to the same standard.

Melton Mowbray, United Kingdom
“good lunch”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Visited today whilst abandoned in Cheadle. I had two courses off the set lunch menu costing £7.50.Also had a pint of per on I. Food was very good, not massive quantities but very reasonable for the price. I would certainly go again.

“EXCELLENT”
Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

Gorgeous food!
Superb atmosphere! Lots to to choose from
Will definitely visit soon!
My kids loved it as well! But would love to come back for my date night in the evening! Haha

stockport england
“birthday lunch”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

5 of us visited for a birthday lunch. Had 2 course £7.50 set lunch menu which had a great choice we all had different mains chicken casserole chicken sis, lamb doner, sword fish and sea bass and they were all excellent. I had borek cheese baked in filo pastry . The service was very very good we did not have to wait too long

• Visited March 2014