“good food but 'iffy waiter!'”

Turquoise Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #5 of 91 Restaurants in Cheadle
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
ENGLAND
“good food but 'iffy waiter!'”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Had lovely meal here at lunch time, however when my friend and I first entered the restaurant one of the waiters (there were two male) went and either made a 'phone call, or continued on one......just left us sat down with no menus brought to us!!! We enjoyed the meal which was lovely and on leaving I told the waiter this and he just nodded and made no comment, Needs to change his attitude as there were only two other people in the place besides ourselves. You should not have to ASK for a menu!!

• Visited May 2013

Stockport, United Kingdom
“Excellent Lunch”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Went here Tuesday lunchtime and suprprised to see they do a two course lunch for £7.50. Big choice of dishes - all freshly prepared, and the ones we had were absolutely excellent. I can recommend thier doner with rice - no mushy mixture of meat (after pub closes style) but small pieces of lamb fillet, lightly spiced and perfectly cooked. The portions are full size - not cut down as in some special menus. Quick friendly service and you can see the chef at work in the open kitchen.

• Visited April 2013
Stockport UK
“Birthday Treat”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We dined here on a recent Friday evening as my birthday treat. My husband and I have dined here several times before both at lunchtime and in the evening. The restaurant is situated on the main street, so is handy for buses and car parking nearby. For us, it is only a short walk from home, making it an ideal venue. Although the restaurant was busy, the service was prompt and attentive. The menu offers a good range of starters and mains, including a good selection for vegetarians. For starters, I had grilled scallops, delicately seasoned on a bed of rice and salad. My husband had the fish cakes which arrived as a generous portion accompanied by salad. Both were delicious. For mains, we both had chicken breast stuffed with feta cheese and a good helping of vegetables on the side. This dish was also delicious but the portion was too large for me to finish, so the waiter offered to box it up for me to take home! We didn't have room for desserts, but we had coffees and liqueurs . My husband was asked how he would like his amaretto (with or without ice) and my brandy arrived warming over a glass of hot water. We haven't has this level of service in more pricier places! Overall, we found the prices of food and drinks very reasonable. We would recommend Turquoise to anyone for a romantic dinner or a get together with friends. It is also disabled and child friendly with a wheelchair accessible toilet and baby change facilities on the ground floor.

• Visited April 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Yummy!”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We went here on their special mid week offer and the choices were ample. Food was delicious quick service and nice ish waiter!

Would highly recommend

• Visited March 2013
Colwyn Bay, United Kingdom
“Good value/tasty food”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Had a midweek evening set meal last August, had the chicken wings for starter but was not very nice in fact could not eat them, they had a thick greasy coating on them and it really spoilt them, did tell the waitress when she came to ask if all ok but she just said sorry about that and walked off, wish i had the soup as my friend had the soup and said it was very good, main meals we both had the lamb casserole and it was divine, very tasty tender chucks of lamb and plenty of it in a nice tasty stew/broth served with Turkish bread - drinks ok service ok but when we asked what the 3rd course was we were told that was our drinks?? strange thing to include as a course and a first for both of us but still it was worth the money just for the tasty main meal and we would return to sample more.

• Visited August 2012