“First visit and I left disappointed”
Review of Olive Press - Cheadle Hulme - CLOSED

Olive Press - Cheadle Hulme
Olive Press - Cheadle Hulme
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Stockport, United Kingdom
“First visit and I left disappointed”
Reviewed December 5, 2010

The Olive Press has been open for some time and I heard rumour it is now part of the Gusto chain. Is this right?
This was my debut visit.
Met friends in what was a very warm and convivial atmosphere. It took three attempts to get my wife a drink, no port, no sherry then G and T to the rescue.
To start we shared olives, breads, bruschetta and the like before i went for the seafood risotto. When it arrived I was stunned by the size of the portion or lack of it should I say. It didn't take long to dispatch! Content was good, prawns, mussels and clams but would have liked calamari too and about 100% more.
I noticed the base of the plate was very warm and the rim stone cold. Does this mean it had been in the microwave? My wife had the same with the pudding, plate hot, content cold.
One of our number had to send back the spaghetti dish they'd ordered as it was cold.
So not a good first time for me, in fact I won't be going back, there are many other places I'd rather be.

Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
“Trendy Eatery in centre of Cheadle Hulme”
Reviewed December 5, 2010

Visited this place on a Friday evening in a family of 6(2 children).
Italian inspired restaurant full of atmosphere,
Very busy restaurant serving a variety of dishes.
On the night we visited the service was a little bit slow,however this was expected due to the very busy restaurant.
The menu (food and drink) was quite varied and met with our approval.

Sydney, Australia
“Great atmosphere - even better cocktails”
Reviewed July 5, 2010

We were at The Olive press on Friday night and they were showing the football in the bar area - what a great atmosphere. We had our meals in the restaurant and then went on to have cocktails (at an amazing 2for£7) in the bar.

Great staff - great mojitos - what more is there to say??? :)

Cheshire
“We ate here today service was terrible...”
Reviewed June 6, 2010

We ate here today service was terrible. Waitress was a joke. Food was the poor side of average and we sent back plates with half plus on them. Bill was £60 for 4 without wine. Rubbish don't go.

manchester
“Terrible food”
Reviewed January 1, 2010

Lovely place, nice decor and a great ambience but anything more than humous and pitta is a disaster. We have been three times and three times the food has been extremely undercooked. On one occasion, the pizza dough on all four pizzas was soggy and wet to which the waiter agreed and looked embarrassed. We then each recieved another approximately 45 mins later to be exactly the same. Obviously we did not pay the food bill.
Great for a drink but eat elsewhere.