This B&B is in a charming 14th century building that has been rehabilitated by the owners over a 16-year period. Our stay involved three adults for two nights. The room, while very large, slept only two; the third member of our party slept in a hall outside the main bedroom on a roll-away bed.
Our problems were as follows:
- Our third member was initially assumed to be a child by the owner. Thus, the roll-away bed provided the first evening was short, but, according to the user, reasonably comfortable. Once the owner discovered that we were all adults, she brought in another bed which was very uncomfortable, resulting in a nearly sleepless night for the user. The mattress should not have been used for guests considering its condition and considering the price charged for the room.
- The breakfast on both mornings was a Continental meal. The fruit provided was dreadful; e.g., very overripe bananas and soft apples.
- The literature provided in the room said, among other things, something like "don't hesitate to ask us for champagne . . ." No charges were mentioned. We did ask for champagne and were charged for it. The amount paid for the room, in our opinion, should have covered this, as we thought was implied in the write-up. Charges should be specifically identified in the in-room literature.
We would not return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Between Champagne and Picardy, Xavier & Christine offer you a warm welcome and invite you to stay in their Manor House of the 15th century. You will appreciate the quiet, the size and the charm of the 4 rooms, each with a private bathroom, which are nicely decorated with a convivial atmosphere. Beautiful back garden with a small river, The Semoigne, running through. Enjoy the green and peaceful surrounding of the very large park overlooking the golf course ! ... more less