TripAdvisor
Search
Open today: 5:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Unique and Amazing Experience

We were lucky enough to do the last Red Gorge Adventure of the season and had the most amazing day... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Babybird85
Sydney, Australia
A day to remember

With 3 joint replacements and age not helping, I was a bit anxious I wouldn't be able to pass the... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
TasMBA
Hobart

Recommended experiences in and around Karijini National Park
from $1,463.50
from $1,253.93
from $1,114.22
More Info
All reviews gorge tour rock climbing these guys made us feel felt safe fear of heights tour takes worth every cent an amazing experience end of the day restricted area comfort zone recommend it to anyone wet suits once in a lifetime his team small group
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Was recommended the full day canyoning by two friends and the day did not disappoint! It was an absolute highlight of our trip and a must do in Karijini. The scenery you get to access is incredible. The day was a great mix of challenging and scary, with relaxing times paddling in the water too. The guides were fantastic - made even those with a fear of heights feel very safe. Don't miss this!!!

Date of experience: September 2019
WestOzActive, Owner at West Oz Active Adventure Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear BecyD

Thank you for your review on our full day canyoning tour. Glad it was the highlight of your trip and you felt safe at all times exploring the hidden beauty of Karijini very few get to see Well done for conquering your fear and giving all the activities a go!

Reviewed September 17, 2019 via mobile

Anywhere you want to go in Karajini West Oz guides will make sure you manage it and safely. I was a bit uncertain of my ability to manage all of the level 5 gorges. But with Sim leading the way, telling us what to expect, where to put our feet, what to watch out for and where to hang on it was all really straight forward and much more enjoyable as a result. The gorges were wonderful, always with a chilly swim at the bottom to make that climb back up so much more comfortable on a 30 degree day. Thanks Sim.

Dear blossomly

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are glad we could show you Karijini on a private guided gorge tour. Having a nationally accredited guide who knows the best routes, handholds and footholds and also give you some interpretation of the gorges, does give you a better appreciation on your surrounds. We are delighted you had an enjoyable day exploring Karijini with us

Reviewed September 17, 2019

Initially thought it was slightly pricey for the two of us, however definitely worth the money. Best part of my whole trip was because of the team and the experience I encountered. Josh, Sim and Andrew were brilliant tour operators making our Adventure tour one to remember. They made it fun, exciting, knowledgeable and relaxing.
Very safe from start to finish, but their humor, skill set and team banter relaxed everyone in the mixed group during challenging encounters (it was an adventure tour after all).

Would definitely do the tour again, if not, use the same trio next time I’m ticking more items off my bucket list with another one of their tours.
Karajini is spectacular, but these guys made it unforgettable.

Steve

Dear Steve T

So glad you could join us on our full day canyoning tour and that you felt safe throughout the day. We are delighted to be able to provide you with an unforgettable experience and show you the hidden beauty of Karijini so very few get to see. We hope to see you on another adventure on your next visit!

Reviewed September 17, 2019

I have never done anything like this before, and at 71 thought it's not likely I will have the chance again. Canyoning at Karijini was the highlight of my trip. I always felt safe with the excellent crew from West Oz Active Adventure Tours. Dropping into that first cold pool was such a thrill, I can't describe how I felt. Drifting along the gorges in our tyres and looking up at the sky was so fantastic. I am so glad I decided to give it a go.

Date of experience: August 2019
WestOzActive, Owner at West Oz Active Adventure Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Merilyn H

We will never forget you! You were the mountain goat of the group and at 71 only we can aspire to be like you at your age. It is good to hear that you felt safe as that is our main focus on our tours. We are so delighted we could share our "office" with you. You're a legend

Reviewed September 16, 2019 via mobile

This tour was the highlight of my 6 months in Australia. I was really nervous and unsure about abseiling and rock climbing. I’ve done lots of hiking, which often involves climbing with hands and feet, but I’ve never abseiled or actually rock climbed before. I was in a group of 7 and we had two guides (Josh and Sim). The guides did an amazing job at assessing our ability, making me feel safe, and also making it a really fun time! They had me go first with abseiling which was perfect because it didn’t allow lots of time for me to overthink it. I ended up loving that part!

We continued to climb down the gorge, being the only people there. Less than 0.5% of tourists make it that far into the gorge. It was an incredible feeling to be in some of the oldest rocks on earth.

The climb back up did involve actual rock climbing for the part we abseiled down. I was unsure that I could do it and halfway up, I told Josh I couldn’t do it. He met me halfway up the rock and convinced me I could do it. I made it up and felt so accomplished. Josh taught me a life lesson - it’s all in my head. He was an amazing instructor.

It was winter time and we wore wetsuits the entire time. I was happy to have it because the water was very cold! It also helped helped to have padding. But, climbing rocks in a wet suit, a life vest, and a backpack makes it a little challenging.

Overall, I’d highly recommend this tour! The company knows what they’re doing, cares about safety, provides everything you need, and makes it a really fun time! They also take pictures for you so you can just focus on the experience.

Date of experience: July 2019

Dear Christyte

Extremely delighted to hear that our winter Journey to the Centre of the Earth full day canyoning tour was a highlight of your time in Australia! Well done for conquering some of the activities you had not done before. Our guides are very experienced in taking novices on tour. In fact, more than 90% of participants have never done anything like this before! So glad we could share with you Karijini's hidden beauty