Open today: 5:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great day, Greay place, Great guides

I was part of another tour with Adventure Tours and this Karijini expedition on September 23rd 2018... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Sylvain D
Amazing!!

I've done the red gorge adventure tour. I had no experience with canyoning before but it was good... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Freedom11987396378

All reviews gorge tour rock climbing these guys his team felt safe inner tubes tour takes end of the day an amazing experience wet suits small group comfort zone fantastic tour once in a lifetime worth every cent absolute highlight rock face
Reviewed July 16, 2013

A friend & myself spent the weekend exploring Karijini with Pete's tour, staying at the Echo Retreat. Accomodation and meals and were great. Pete's love of 'the country" was obvious and we were entranced by this magic place. We chose the less adventurous option on Sunday (minus absailing) but still experienced the awesome beauty and challenge of this unique environment.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We found West Oz Active on the internet so it was a gamble to go on a 5 day" Reef to Karajini Tour" without any referrals from friends. We were a family of 5 with 3 boys, 2 teenagers and a10 year old. We were so thrilled with our time with them. It is a small tour-only 7 of us then 3 more joined for the last 3 days. The guides, Pete and Brenton are fantastic in every day. They are extremely helpful, knowledgable, funny and took us on a beautiful tour of Karajini National Park. It is wondrous, even better than the Kimberleys. The last day we did the canyoning and abseiling and it was so exciting but done in a really safe way. The combination of whale sharking, staying in a cattle station then at Karajini eco retreat plus the hikes and adventure on the last day was a wonderful combination. I can't recommend them highly enough.

1  Thank Mim B
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Only way to see this part of WA. Pete and Brenton made the experinece so memorable and were both so knowledgable. Pete is such a great guy and we learnt so much from him. With our tour we started in Nigaloo, than went to Karijini. This gave us the best of both worlds. We went swimming with the whale sharks and did a lot of snorkling, to start the tour off. We then ended in Karijini. Here we did hiking, rock climbing, swiming and tubing. One of the best experinces of our lives. This is a must do holiday for everyone.

2  Thank Rich Bartlett B
Reviewed June 23, 2013

If you are visiting Karijini National Park and don't do this tour then you are missing out!!

I actually rearranged my holiday so that both my husband and I could enjoy the "Journey to the Centre of the Earth" tour as when I originally wanted to go they were fully booked. I am so pleased I did as the day spent with Pete and Brenton and the other novice Canyonners was worth every minute. We paddled on big tyres, climbed rock faces, absailed down a 40 metre waterfall and took in the outstanding views that you just can't get anywhere else.

The photos on a USB stick (hand delivered to our tent that evening by Pete!) was just icing on the cake.

1  Thank nicolac34
Reviewed June 22, 2013

West Oz Active is such a great operator! Pete and Brenton provided such a great tour, we get the red gorge tour which words cannot describe how much fun it was! Safety was clearly the number one for Pete and Brenton, with customer satisfaction a close second!

I loved the free/included video as a great souvenir of the day! It is so rare to get such a great memento included in a tour.

My only advice to people considering the tour, is to ensure that you are fit and active to ensure you will be able to complete the day's activities. This tour is not your typical tour where the guides do everything for you. You will need to swim, climb, paddle, carry backpacks that weigh 10 kg plus all day! This is by no means a negative for the tour, but it is important that others are aware of what is involved in these tours.

Brenton's lunch and surprise coff-tea was great - nothing fancy, but definitely hit the spot throughout the day!

Keep up the great work guys.

Gareth - Canyoneer!