“Cute, French hotel”
Review of Le Crillon Hotel

Le Crillon Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Murs
Reviewed August 25, 2014

Stayed one night in this lovely little hotel- in a gorgeous Provence village. The decor was lovely, the bathroom modern and clean and we had a terrace which was quiet and peaceful.
We'd booked as we wanted to dine in the restaurant but did not find out until after we had booked and paid that it would be closed. Owner was helpful with recommedations- but only in other villages as theirs was the only restaurant in the village, and all were too far to walk.
It was a Sunday, we know that France closes on a Sunday, but there was absolutely no service from the owner- she told us that she needed a rest!
Breakfast was not included and was expesnive- but there is a really delicious deli/ bakery just round the corner & plenty of scenic places to stop and eat!
These things are bearable, but the reason that we would not go back is the lack of sound proofing between rooms- we could hear everything: footsteps, zips on bags being opened- including being woken up by (very loud!) snoring in the night. Bit of a let down as it should be a great hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure there is not an adjoining door to another room- although the corridor was noisy.
5  Thank EsJayUK
There are newer reviews for Le Crillon Hotel

Reviewed July 29, 2014

Le Crillon is a sleepy hotel in Murs, a town about 10 minutes away from Gordes where hotel prices are double.

We were hesitant to stay given we had planned to stay in Gordes but we were so glad we ended up at Le Crillon.

It was nice to stay in the smaller town, avoiding traffic and the concierge gave us two days' worth of *golden* touring tips, 2 of our very favorite days of our 2 week trip in France.

The staff was very friendly. While the breakfast was a bit pricy, there weren't any other options in the area, and it was stocked with eggs and yogurt in addition to pastries and fruits.

The rooms themselves are spotless, very nice and filled with the standard amenities (soaps, hair dryers, TV, etc).

We would definitely recommend a stay at Le Crillon for anyone interested in touring the Luberon area - it is a perfect home-base.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

Owner is very sharp, impolite, cold, arrogant and very direct. Had an argument with him about added taxes to our account. During the argument he became very rude and I told him that he has had a bad attitude towards us since we arrived. He told me that he doesn't care. I asked him this question:" Don't you care if guests are not happy?" His reply was:" No I don't care if a guest is happy or not, I am here to have peace and if some guests are not happy, I don't care". He added that the reason he had a bad attitude towards my wife and I is because we didn't eat the hotels breakfast or their dinner. On the first night when we asked him questions about the room, he told us very sharply that their is ABSOLUTELY no eating in the rooms of the hotel. When I asked him why, he simply said that it is this hotels policy not to allow any food in the room. I think it is because he wants guests to eat in restaurant in the hotel. When asking the same person about which channel I can watch the soccer World Cup on, he said I should just keep going through the channels until I find it. I told him that I already did that, through more than 50 channels, then he suddenly gave me the channel that broadcasts the match. Please avoid or suffer the consequences, he ruined my evenings in the hotel. The best thing about this hotel is the drive away from it.

7  Thank Francois K
Reviewed June 8, 2014

We stayed for one night in this small charming hotel in Provence. Our room was spacious (enough to be comfortable with a travel cot that the hotel had installed before our arrival) and had a nice terasse. The atmosphere is really friendly and the hosts are doing their best to ensure you have a great time. We also had the opportunity to try the restaurant and enjoyed a very original cuisine with great fresh ingredients. We will go back with pleasure

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank CeciliaGeneva
Reviewed July 22, 2013

On a recent hiking trip, we had reserved this hotel for a Sunday evening, but because of terrible weather, had cut short the hike and arrived in Murs during the Sunday midday dinner hour. I called to ask if there was a local cafe where we could wait until check-in and was told to just come along to the hotel. We arrived looking bedraggled and a bit muddy, but were taken in to the bar where we could wait. We were soon given the key to our room, where we were able to rest, clean up, and dry wet clothing. This offer of hospitality - unexpected, and not required on their part - won me over.
The room was charming - comfortable, chic, and impeccably clean.
The restaurant served dinner on Sunday evening - unusual in a small village - and very much appreciated by us. The meal was wonderful. The technique, the layering of flavors, and the menu design are sophisticated and reflect serious culinary skill. The ingredients are those of Provence, presented in a modern way. Madame handles the front of the house with skill and a perfect sense of timing.
The next morning, our breakfast was lovely. Fresh pastries, house-made preserves, and wonderful coffee.
I will always remember the hospitality and friendliness, and hope to return someday.
This is a perfect small hotel in a lovely little village of the Luberon. Absolutely worth going out of your way to visit.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank PatWI68
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My friend and I stayed here for a night during our travels through Provence, and we wished we could have stayed longer! The hotel is very cute and quaint, and our room was quite large and clean with a lounge area right outside the door. They have a small restaurant across the alley where we had one of the best dinners we had during our entire trip. Overall we loved our stay here as we explored the beautiful Murs/Gordes area.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Have known this hotel/restaurant for some years, we have not used it as a hotel, only as a place to eat. In the early years it had a rustic/local bar that served good local food, the restaurant served a plateful of good food at reasonable prices and we were happy to recommend it. In 2011 we thought the food was good but the price had gone up and you had less on the plate. This year we needed some where to eat in the evening on our first night at a gite, this place was close by so we booked a table. Our gite owner was of the view that it was now more pictures on plates and pricey, she was not wrong, the plates are pretty, the food was just about OK, though my pork was very dry and the price charged was high. There are plenty of other eateries in the area, who for less or similar prices give you a better food experience. We were in area for 2 weeks and never went back but had good meals elsewhere when we went out to eat.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank William H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Murs
Hotellerie Notre Dame de Lumieres
#1 of 24 in Gordes
Hotel la Cle des Champs
Hotel la Cle des Champs
#1 of 5 in Roussillon

Been to Le Crillon Hotel? Share your experiences!