“Lovely Lunch”

Hotel Restaurant Les Florets
Ranked #2 of 10 Restaurants in Gigondas
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Thierry and Dominique Bernard whose family is established since 1960 to Florêts, town of Gigondas, invite you to visit them. A magnificent terrace, adorned with more than century-old trees of various species, first amazes you. Then you enjoy the view, the quiet, the many flowers that color the greenery nestled in the heart of the famous vineyards of Gigondas and at the foot of the Dentelles. Each year brings a lot of improvements, different parts of the house are constantly refreshed for the comfort of customers. Thought kitchen by our chef wants subtle and inventive, marked by the balance of flavors. Local products are showcased, pigeon Sarrians, saffron Pernes les Fontaines, Carpentras strawberries ... The wine to which special attention is paid, over 300 references including wines from the family estate.
Boston
“Lovely Lunch”
Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

Delicious lunch in the dining room (rainy so couldn't enjoy the terrace). Short (always a good sign) menu. I had cod, my husband rabbit. Both well prepared. The appetizers were also creative. Definitely try the Domaine La Garrigue wines - owned by the same family as the hotel/restaurant. They are wonderful. As for it being a formal setting, yes, it is and the service is proper. That's what I want when I am dining; if I just want to eat I go to a fast food joint.

Visited October 2013

• Czech first
Montreal, Canada
“Overly formal and overpriced”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We had chosen this hotel and restaurant based on glowing recommendations in several guide books, but our dinner was, at best, quite dissapointing. The atmosphere (we ate indoors) was rather cold and formal, and the service was uninterested. I had the bull (taureau) which was a rather uninspired dish, while my wife had the pidgeon, which was perhaps slightly better but certainly not up to the standards of what is announced as a top-end restaurant. Dessert however was excellent, as we both had Paris-Brest. The wine steward did a good job of finding a wine, from the very large wine list, which could go with our very different main dishes.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank JakeMtl
Austin, Texas
“A pretty view and a formal presentation”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

The staff was more proper and courteous than friendly, but I suspect it was more reserve than anything. More than once I have noted a reserved attitude by the French, only to uncover their friendly and generous nature. The food was very good but not the finest. I have noted with interest over the years that the smaller family run establishments seem to turn out the best in French cuisine. Unless you are totally intimidated by speaking to the waiters, please use the menu which is completely in French. The "English" menu seems to be a very simple, Anglicized version of the menu. All in all, a very nice experience, but I confess I probably would not go back.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank falconfling1
New York City
“Culinary delight”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We had an amazing time at Les Florets in August. We ventured out to find this restaurant based on Rick Steve's recommendation and were happy we followed his advice. The surroundings are absolutely stunning and the chef took us on a great culinary adventure with his unique dishes. The wine list is huge with amazing choices. The service was quick and courteous. Absolutely one of the best places we experienced while in France.

• Visited August 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“They rock lunch”
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

We have been to Les Florets numerous times now when we are in Provence (Gigondas), and even stayed at the hotel on one visit. Our impression is that lunch is generally much more inspired than the dinner service. Today didn't disappoint. Excellent. For starters, service is excellent. Second, the salmon and eggplant appetizers were delicious, and beautifully presented. My cabillaud main dish (cod fish) was cooked to perfection and served atop fresh beans. Dessert was a banana brioche, also absolutely tasty and worth the calories! This is a family owned/operated hotel, and they do a great job. The family also owns Domaine La Garrigue, which we visited after our lunch - and did a tasting with the father and uncle of the proprietor who runs Les Florets... Only in France do you have his kind of experience. Worth the trip to the Dentilles and Gigondas!

Visited September 2013