Sumilon Island which houses Sumilon Bluewater Resort is part of Oslob municpality, located in the southeastern part of Cebu, which is 2-3 hours travel from the city. Sumilon Bluwater Resort can also be accessed from Dumaguete city and a 20 min ferry ride to reach LILOAN port in Santander, and will bring you to Oslob town in 15 mins.
Spent my Christmas break con birthday in this beautiful, tranquil and relaxing place.
Indeed a respite from the busy city life in Manila.
There are a lot of activities you can do to rejuvenate yourself once here. You can go trekking the island for 45 mins depending on your pace see the lighthouse and enjoy a magnificent view of the mainland Cebu, Negros Oriental and Siquijor. You can also bask yourself to the shifting sandbar as you enjoy the clear waters around it. You may opt to to just soak in its infinity pool. A tour to whale shark watching should not be skipped. As you get the chance to swim and have a close encounter with the Gentle Giants. Cap this with an enchanting visit to Tumalog Falls where you will be enchanted by its natural beauty.
Facilities provided by the resort are at par with other high end resorts. Plus I get the chance to stay in their newly constructed one Bedroom villa.
Food overall is acceptable though can be greatly improved. If there is any downside, its inconsistency in their service, Front liners should be well trained. There is nothing that last but First impression. Its a good thing other staffs like my butler stepped up so I can forgive the front liners lapses.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 24-hectare coral island, located on the Southeastern tip of Cebu, is home to Bluewater Sumilon. Pristine white sand beaches abound. Its sandbar is known for its changing shapes and shifting locations around the island, depending on the season. There is a natural lagoon teeming with high mangroves. On the south side, a lighthouse rests on a protected tree park and a "Baluarte", a 19th century historical watchtower. It is also home to the Philippines' first marine sanctuary.At Bluewater Sumilon, let the islander's easy-going friendliness shine through and keep the pace low-key enough to let you feel pampered. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your Bluewater Sumilon Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sumilon Bluewater Island Hotel Sumilon Island
- Bluewater Sumilon Island Resort Cebu Island