Left Cebu at 4 AM and got to the Boncogon pier at 8 AM. Weaseled our way in to an earlier boat so we got to the island earlier than we would have been should we have waited for the 9:30 ferry boat. Lesson learned: you need to leave Cebu at 3:00 AM to make the 7 AM first ride so you can go home at 3:30 PM and be at the city by 9-ish. The good: trekking, food, pool, sandbar. The bad: jacuzzi. The ugly: for day trippers, the shower rooms leave less to be desired. If they allow day use of the facilities, they might as well have proper shower rooms for people as opposed to what they have.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 24-hectare coral island, located on the Southeastern tip of Cebu, is home to Bluewater Sumilon. Pristine white sand beaches abound. Its sandbar is known for its changing shapes and shifting locations around the island, depending on the season. There is a natural lagoon teeming with high mangroves. On the south side, a lighthouse rests on a protected tree park and a "Baluarte", a 19th century historical watchtower. It is also home to the Philippines' first marine sanctuary.At Bluewater Sumilon, let the islander's easy-going friendliness shine through and keep the pace low-key enough to let you feel pampered. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your Bluewater Sumilon Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sumilon Bluewater Island Hotel Sumilon Island
- Bluewater Sumilon Island Resort Cebu Island