I'm not too sure how the hotel got the ratings it did. This is the first hotel I've been to where I can't wait to leave the minute I stepped in.
- The room and linen are very dusty. The linen is also very old and stained.
- There're insects all over the room. We found a cockroach, 2 lizards and lots of ants in our room! I left a drink half fnished on the dresser and within mins, ants were crawling all over it. When I was sleeping, I could hear mosquitos buzzing at my ear. I'd itched and had bites the next morning.
- The bathroom is very old, dirty and falling apart. The water trickles and it's very difficult to have a clean bath.
- They have a pool but it's so dirty you would not want to swim in it.
- The furniture is very old and the doors do not close well.
- There's an irritating rooster that starts crowing from 5am.
- They don't have a restaurant, so breakfast (which is included in the package) is served to your room at 6.30am.
I'd already paid for 3 nights but moved out after just one night, forgoing the other 2 nights. I ended up paying more for Pondok Jatim Park but at least I had two good and dust-free night's sleep.
However, that said, the staff are really friendly. They try to help although they don't speak much English.