“Small Zoo with Great activities for children”
Review of Batu Secret Zoo

Batu Secret Zoo
Ranked #1 of 48 things to do in Batu
Singapore, Singapore
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Small Zoo with Great activities for children”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

There is a very good number of animals on exhibition, it is also one of the well maintained facilities, and e-bike for those who cannot walk far. It has Fantasy land which is full of water features, and attractions such as roller coasters, horse riding, etc.

Visited November 2013

48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 90 helpful votes
“Should Come”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Nice place to come if you are in East Java specially if you visit Batu Malang . Children should like it because many things to see .

Visited March 2013
1 Thank JOSHU4
Tangerang
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“It's true... you can find many world secrets here :)”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

BATU SECRET ZOO.... it's TRUE... there are many hidden world secrets you will find there. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!! Make sure you spare full ONE DAY just to explore Malang JATIM PARK 2 to the max :D

We went there unplanned and we weren't prepared with a good camera.. but perhaps this means for you to find the SECRETS yourselves.

I came with thinking that it would be like TAMAN SAFARI or any ZOO we had visited before, and I was wrong...

I was amazed with the view of a little garden with many pink/peach/ orange flamingos (I can't find the right color! it is not in my color palate repertoire)... It's a rare nature beauty, very comforting sight, peaceful in heart, reminded me of how wonderful this world was originally created.

My older son was amazed with GOLDEN TIGERS with transparent golden stripes... Seeing their soft colored fur we felt a wonderfully strange feeling... the fiercest in soft golden fur ??... he stared long at THE BIGGEST TIGER in the world: SIBERIAN TIGERS, roaring and walking around wildly (unfortunately) in the cage. His amazement was to the peak finding the WHITE SIBERIAN tiger, which now is the MOST ENDANGERED TIGER in the world.

We also experienced the wonder of JUNGLE'S KINGS WILDNESS... three ALBINO(white) LIONS were kind of having a little fight and roaring one to another. They just barely opened their mouth, but their roar made heart beat faster for the thrill.

My 2 years-old was cheerfully giggling watching the cute never-rut-out-battery little PRAIRIE DOGS running, sniffing, chewing things in a wide glass cage positioned around a big tree with height just right his eyes-level. He followed the prairie dogs running circling the tree with happy wide smile as if he were join the party and had fun together.

I think this Secret Zoo is quite successful in presenting the animal kingdom experience to us... not only for its wide variety of animal collection (you will definitely find different animals to those in Ragunan Zoo, Cisarua & Bali Safari), but also the feelings of being those animal... It has a place, where we can stand at the same height as Giraffe's eyes, so we can feel how it is like seeing Batu-Malang hill panorama from Giraffe's perspective :)... and if you want to experience seeing a KING KONG, just keep walking up the hill and look up, she is there starring at you! I would say, it is probably real-sized too.. because it was just so big.

When we were thinking that we had come the end of the park and decided to have quick look at the animal museum, we found more surprises... there were close to real wild-life dioramas. Real size animal replicas were standing there, some of them were designed with animated background - good enough for us for imagining them (and ourselves) in their real habitats. A real-sized mammoth in skeleton was standing facing towards us when we entered one of the section... it stopped me taking steps for a while. I knew Mammoth was big, but that big?? I suddenly imagined how if I really met this animal...

Serious work has been done there... and they seemed to still working on it. A diorama with hot red orange lighting and good animated background of burning forest, showing us a wild bear trying to escape from the fire. Somehow, I could feel the fear of experiencing such life-threatening situation. In a wall, they also put pictures of what people do to tigers for their skin, reminded us of how greedy people can be and we are about to loose one of the greatest big cats in the world.

It was too short visit for such many wonders, and wish I can get back there soon... and they say, there were more to come as some sections were still under construction. It was a good short family holiday, and I left Batu Secret Zoo with feeling so little, especially after taking a pose next to standing tall giraffe replica....

Perfect Glory is to God… SubhanAllah

Visited October 2013
1 Thank dibanov
Serpong, Indonesia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“comfortable for you, but maybe not for animals there”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

The first impression when it arrived, the place was nice and clean. Many officers are quite sprightly in the location. There's many collection of animals. Be careful with e-bike users that go fast, not so wide path. In my opinion, visitors to animal distance is too close, so it may make the animal uncomfortable. The animals' cages were too small. You should eat first before going to the site, because there is no decent food inside. No need to come for the second time.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank mixfruits
Malang, Indonesia
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“The best modern zoo in south east asia”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Perhaps this is the best and largest Modern zoo in SEA. Covering wide area, divide to some specific areas, named by spec species or continent the animal come. Very nice and clean. The animal also look healthy and in good care. Minimum take 3 hours need, to finish the route that arrranged by the zoo, to ensure we can see all the collection. Also there are some spots for interactive with the animal,, consist of snake, monkey, birds, orangutan etc.. Located beside Jatim Park, combine with big museum of animal. Highly recommend this place as a- must- see place in East Java. The negatives point are not easily reach by public transport, so you need to hire a car/taxy..and it could be so crowdy in holidays..and in rainy days there are limited place to escape.

Visited August 2013