Enjoyed a one night stay at the Bull recently and found it to be excellent all round. The landlady took over in October 2012 so any reviews prior to this date aren't really valid. Our room, no 1, was spacious and spotlessly clean....I noticed a previous reviewer has commented on it being a bit tired. I think the best description of the furniture would be 'honeyed pine', so it's not that fashionable at the moment, but it was all in excellent condition. The carpets, curtains, linens etc are all new and fresh and the room is tastefully decorated. The ensuite had a shower over a bath, this was also spotless, with a generous supply of towels and toiletries.
We arrived late afternoon to a warm and friendly welcome. We enjoyed a couple of drinks in the beautiful beer garden next to the River Ure. It was busy with food service from 6pm on, with families and couples. We had a main course each ... Very reasonably priced and generous portions. Service was quick, friendly and efficient despite it being very busy.
After a great nights sleep, we had a lovely breakfast. Help yourself to cereals, fruit, yogurt and toast, and the full English cooked to order. Very tasty, locally sourced produce used.
The Bull is a well placed for many attractions in the area. I would definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We offer excellent quality home-cooked food,real ales, fine wines & friendly service.Where possible produce is sourced locally and a wide variety of salads, snacks or full meals are freshly prepared by our creative team. Children are welcome and dogs can be taken into the beer garden where we now have Brymor Ice Cream. We have five delightful en-suite bedrooms with picturesque views.Nearby attractions include Lightwater Valley,Harrogate, Bolton Castle, Ripley Castle,Fountains Abbey, and many more. Popular pastimes include canoeing onthe River Ure, fishing, tennis & walking.Situated in the gateway to the YorkshireDales, The Bull Inn is 6 miles from Ripon and10 minutes from the A1. Please note that we have on occasion been mistaken for the The Black Bull in Ripon as there is an error on google maps. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Bull Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Bull Hotel West Tanfield
- The Bull Inn West Tanfield, North Yorkshire