ok, firstley I shall say one thing....DON'T just sit and read all the negative reviews on here, GO and see for yourselves what the Bull Inn has too offer.,,I went, along with four freinds (a couple, and two single ladies and myself) for the weekend at Easter. From the moment we arrived nothing was too much trouble too the welcoming and freindley staff at The Bull. It's interior is typicaly quaint English country pub and the real ale's on draught only goes too add too that. After been shown up too my single room, which was very clean and ample size for just me. I will add that a futon by a small window overlooking the street and a field where two donkeys grazed was great for just sitting and relaxing during my stay. The bathroom was lovley and clean and after a very welcoming cup of tea in my room it was time too get on my walking boots and go explore what West Tanfield had too offer. For walkers out there the area is amazing but more on that later! Walked to the Marmion Tower and along the river and the whole area is breathtaking... as was the standerd of food that evening back at The Bull. I was rather surprised to see that their Chef was so young to be honest as boy, that lad can cook! I choose a main course from the specials board (although the menu is more than ample with it's choices) and ordered pheasent on a bed of mashed potatoe with a creamy mustard sauce. I was not disapointed at all as it looked and tasted fantastic. I slept very well that night and woke ready to face breakfast, which was made special by little eggs on our plates... it's little touches like that you remember!! breakfast was very nice, with bacon,sausage, mushroom, beans and plenty of toast. Saturday was taken up by a leisurly 10 mile walk (yes 10 miles!!!) which took us through some great countryside and amazing veiws before reaching a very welcoming pub before walking along a much easier road back too the river and back along the banks too The Bull. Sunday lunch at the Bull was very nice. Plenty on your plate, and very tasty!! It was actually quite sad when I was packing my bags on the Monday morning but am planning to return later in the summer for more great food and more walking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We offer excellent quality home-cooked food,real ales, fine wines & friendly service.Where possible produce is sourced locally and a wide variety of salads, snacks or full meals are freshly prepared by our creative team. Children are welcome and dogs can be taken into the beer garden where we now have Brymor Ice Cream. We have five delightful en-suite bedrooms with picturesque views.Nearby attractions include Lightwater Valley,Harrogate, Bolton Castle, Ripley Castle,Fountains Abbey, and many more. Popular pastimes include canoeing onthe River Ure, fishing, tennis & walking.Situated in the gateway to the YorkshireDales, The Bull Inn is 6 miles from Ripon and10 minutes from the A1. Please note that we have on occasion been mistaken for the The Black Bull in Ripon as there is an error on google maps. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your The Bull Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Bull Hotel West Tanfield
- The Bull Inn West Tanfield, North Yorkshire